Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

APC40 Recording

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djwreckrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: APC40 Recording
    Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 7:40am
This might be an ableton question and not an apc 40 question. When I am playing live with the APC and Ableton, I will launch a clip to starting recording a synth or a bass line to a drum kit that is playing.. when I launch the clip I dont seem to get a precount before the recording starts, it just starts recording automatically. is there a setting somewhere that Im not setting up correctly? When nothing is playing and I hot record and then play, I get the pre count, so I know the precount is working, just not when the clip is launched.. please help
Preston Foreman
DJ Wreckrd
www.djwreckrd.com
twitter.com/djwreckrd
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 10:45am
Hey,

So, it seems that you're asking if you can click on a record icon in a free slot on an audio track in Session View whilst your session is playing and get a count in? Or am I misunderstanding the question? I would have thought you don't need a count in if you have a beat playing? Although I guess this would make absolutely sure you know when to start playing!

If that's what you're asking then the way an audio clip behaves (on an audio track in record) after you click record on a free slot is according to however your global quantisation is set. In other words, if your global quantisation (on the control bar right next to the transport at the top of the screen) is set to 1 bar, then clicking a record icon will make the audio clip start recording at the start of the next bar. If you need more time before recording starts then just increase the global quantisation. If you're finding the clip is just starting to record straight away then your global quantisation is set to None, so just set it to 1 bar instead.

Does that help??

Cheers,

Rob
djwreckrd View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djwreckrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 1:39am
I will test it out this weekend and see, but I do know that 1 bar is already set as my default, I will play with it a bit and get back to you,, but yes this is what I am asking, mainly to keep the loop going after I stop recording.
Preston Foreman
DJ Wreckrd
www.djwreckrd.com
twitter.com/djwreckrd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic