Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > General Producer and DJ Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help on mic setup with ableton!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help on mic setup with ableton!!
    Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 4:20pm
hi can anyone help me setup external mic for ableton. i can use the built in mic on my mac but obviously get the buzzing sound from mac in background can any one help me? i just want to record some vocals straight to programme i have a neon midi keyboard setup do i have to route mic through this? can i plug mic straight to mac turn off built in mic?
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 1:42pm
Hey

You can plug a mic into your computer if it has a mic input, otherwise you'll need an audio interface (USB or Firewire) or soundcard. You can pick these up pretty cheaply now, quality varying of course. Then you plug a mic into that - normally an XLR input, and requiring phantom power. You then open up the Live prefs and select the interface as the audio input, after which the inputs on an audio track in record will receive the inputs from the interface and you can record the vocal to the track...

You can only plug the mic into your MIDI keyboard if it has audio interfacing capabilities, which you'll know if it has audio inputs or outputs. If it does, then it will work just like a standalone audio interface.

These methods are taught on the Ableton Courses beginners course should you need better clarification! 8)

Cheers,

Rob
honeycrippen12 View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeycrippen12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 1:07pm
Hey.....u may do one thing that just press the record button at the bottom of the track then hit it on the clip slot,may be.........it would be work.

Thanks

Regards
Honey

Karaoke Mic

lyssagale12 View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyssagale12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 7:05am
Read the manual & set up ur mic,& arm the audio track to record.

Regards
Karaoke Mic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic