Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > General Producer and DJ Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CINCINNATI (AP) — The Reds dropped

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liny195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CINCINNATI (AP) — The Reds dropped
    Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:22am
Homer Bailey from the rotation Friday http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-dustin-pedroia-jersey , leaving their highest-paid pitcher with no role for the rest of a disappointing season.Bailey is 1-14 with a 6.09 ERA and has lost nine straight decisions. The Reds are 1-19 in his starts this season, the fourth in a row that he’s been injured.Interim manager Jim Riggleman said Friday that rookie Tyler Mahle will take Bailey’s place in the rotation for the rest of the season. Bailey will continue throwing in the bullpen and stay ready in case he’s needed for a start.The Reds considered moving Bailey to the bullpen, but the right-hander doesn’t think he’s capable of pitching in relief.“It’s not so much he’s not willing to do it, but he just feels very strongly that the preparation he feels like he has to do means he will not be able to help the ballclub out of the bullpen,” Riggleman said. “That kind of transition is something he’d have to prepare for in the off-season.”The Reds gave Bailey a six-year, $105 million contract in 2014 that strained their budget. They embarked upon a massive rebuilding movement but were unable to trade Bailey because of three significant arm injuries that required surgery.The 32-year-old pitcher has been limited to 46 starts in the last four seasons, when he’s gone 9-27 with a 6.25 ERA. He has one year left on his contract for $23 million. There’s an option for 2020 with a $5 million buyout, so the Reds are committed to paying him $28 million next year even though he currently has no role.He’s the second-highest-paid player on a team with a $100.4 million payroll. Joey Votto makes $25 million each year through 2023.Bailey plans to work on his fastball Fred Lynn Jersey , which was his dominant pitch when he threw a pair of no-hitters in 2012 and 2013 that led to his big contract. Asked if it will be difficult to go through September without getting into a game, Bailey said, “Idle minds can be a dangerous thing. I’ve had a lot of practice over the last few years.”Bailey had surgery to repair a torn tendon in his right forearm in 2014. He had Tommy John surgery the following year. Bailey had a bone spur removed from the elbow in 2017. He missed roughly two months this season with a sore right knee.Bailey had hoped this would be his turnaround season when he showed up at spring training in good health for the first time in years. Instead, he struggled to control his fastball, and he quickly slid into yet another disappointing season.“It was frustrating in April,” Bailey said. “It’s like normal now.” MIAMI (AP) — After being held out of the lineup to rest, Brian Anderson was ready when needed.Anderson delivered with a pinch-hit, two-run home run in the seventh inning to help the Miami Marlins beat the Atlanta Braves 3-1 on Saturday night.“It was kind of a reset Wade Boggs Jersey ,” Anderson said. “It helps your body, your legs get underneath you. I was relaxed for a day even if I had that one at-bat. I just tried to go in and have a good at bat especially In a situation like that. The pressure is not on me, it’s on the other pitcher.”Anderson delivered his first career pinch-hit home run and the 10th of the season with his shot to left field off Chad Sobotka for a 3-0 lead.“That was huge,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. “It’s one of those games you’re walking a tight rope. Anything can happen and you see what happened in the ninth with the leadoff homer. You still had some breathing room.”Dansby Swanson led off the ninth with his 13th home run of the season, cutting the deficit to 3-1 and ending a 21-inning scoreless drought to the Marlins in the series.“We just really haven’t been able to string anything together,” Swanson said. “A combination of that is us not swinging the way we’re capable of, but at the same time there’s obviously a reason for that and I think you can give a little bit of credit where credit is due, and they’ve thrown the ball lately.”Wei-Yin Chen (5-9) struck out 10 over six innings. It was the third time in his career he struck out at least 10.“I felt very consistent out there http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-dustin-pedroia-jersey ,” Chen said through a translator. “I still had my command on the pitches in the late innings.”After allowing the homer to Swanson, Drew Steckenrider retired the next three batters to end the game for his second save.Braves starter Anibal Sanchez (6-5) exited with right hamstring tightness after 5 2/3 innings and 98 pitches. Sanchez allowed four hits and one run.“In the hitter I couldn’t push my body to home plate and that’s why I lost my command against the last hitter,” Sanchez said.Sanchez dealt with a hamstring injury earlier in the season causing him to miss 37 games.“When I started to feel something on my hamstring after the injury that I got earlier in the season, after that I tried to take care of it more in between outings and I think one time after Cincinnati–I’m just going to do my best to stay in the game,” Sanchez said. “I don’t want to just get those innings and it happens again.”The Marlins got on the scoreboard in the sixth when Rafael Ortega led off with a triple to right and scored on a sacrifice fly by J.T. Realmuto.SEVEN WITH 10 HOMERSAnderson became the seventh Marlins player to reach double-digits in home runs this season. It is the most players with at least 10 in a season since the 2008 team also had seven.ACUNA STAYING HOTBraves rookie Ronald Acuna Jr. was 2 for 4 and is hitting .340 (32 for 94) in August with 18 extra-base hits.TRAINER’S ROOMBraves: Manager Brian Snitker thought Sanchez’s hamstring issue could be related to dehydration or cramping. “Could be,” Sanchez said. … The pitching staff could be getting a boost for the stretch run with Brandon McCarthy (knee), Peter Moylan (forearm), Shane Carle (shoulder) Pedro Martinez Jersey , and Arodys Vizcaino (shoulder) nearing returns. “We’ve got guys that should be back that are going to be big for us,” Snitker said.Marlins: OF Lewis Brinson (hip) began a rehab assignment with Triple-A New Orleans. … OF Garrett Cooper (wrist) had a setback in a rehab appearance and has returned to Miami for further evaluation possibly ending his season.UP NEXTBraves: RHP Kevin Gausman (8-9, 3.99 ERA) is scheduled to start Sunday’s series finale. Gausman has won his last three starts posting a 1.23 ERA.Marlins: RHP Pablo Lopez (2-3, 4.42) allowed six runs, five earned, over 5 1/3 innings in his only start against the Braves on Aug. 13.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic