Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > General Producer and DJ Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dubplates that i paid overall a lot more for?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spadekevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dubplates that i paid overall a lot more for?
    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 11:27am
Hello,

Now i'd just like some opinions (importantly from producers) about how they feel about their dubs being sold on. What do people think the difference is between owning a dub from a producer that is now very rare and a 7" that is very rare? 

I have a number of UK dubplates going back to the early/mid 90s from some of the key producers at that time. I paid for them (some to be mixed specially for me), i paid for the DAT that they were recorded on to and i then paid to have them cut to acetate. No small investment in some cases. To parallel this i have picked up plenty of vinyl over the years, many times only spending a couple of quid. Now, the producers i got dubs from obviously got more money for the dub than they would have for a 7" or 12" i bought. 

So, based on some opinions on this board it seems ok to then sell on the rare vinyl i picked up, making me a lot of money for next to no outlay (with the producer getting nothing more) but not so with the dubplates that i paid overall a lot more for? 

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
http://www.bloodandfire.co.uk/db/viewtopic.php?t=26132

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic