FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Audio Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JesseVoss View Drop Down
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JesseVoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audio Problems
    Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:12am
Hi,

Ok, I have a Focusrite Scarlet 8i6 into a windows 7 computer. It's worked fine for about 6 months, no trouble. The other night my sound went out in the middle of recording guitar, no rhyme or reason. I had the guitar into an effects processor, that was into a channel on my board, which is plugged into the Focusrite. There was a signal going to the computer, no problem, just no sound. I tinkered around for a couple of days. Then I got a message saying that the computer was going troubleshoot. It told me that no speakers were detected. I unplugged my monitors from the interface and just plugged them into the computer headphone jack. I had sound, but it was through the computer's sound card. I unplugged the monitors and plugged them back into the interface and bam, everything worked. I had sound from the monitors and the PA system as it should have been. Ok, so fast forward 1 day. I was recording again, and bam the same thing happened. I cannot bypass my internal sound card for some reason, it seems. I work for 2 radio stations as well as recording music and voice over work. I am at my wits end here.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:
https://www.soundonsound.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=58709

Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic