Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Cubase Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Sound from VST Instruments in Cubase 5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmanuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Sound from VST Instruments in Cubase 5
    Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:24am
Hi,

I have Cubase 5, and I have a problem with playback from VST instruments. 
I make a new instrument track, and import a MIDI file into it (or, really, both at the same time); I have the input routing in the Inspector set to "All MIDI inputs; I have the Instrument space in the Inspector set to any of various VST instruments I have. When I play this back, I don't hear anything. The thing is, with an audio track in the same project, I can hear the audio. If I have an instrument plugged in, I can hear it if I'm monitoring it, and I can hear it after I've recorded it and I play back the audio. The waveform is visible for the MIDI files, and I can see the bar in the Channel tab of the Inspector light up, according to respective intensities (velocities, in this case). I just can't hear it! Can someone help me out?!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
http://homerecording.com/bbs/user-forums-by-brand/steinberg-cubase-user-forum/no-sound-vst-instruments-cubase-5-a-322763/

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic