Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > General Producer and DJ Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

beta 3, Hercules Dj console and performance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmanuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: beta 3, Hercules Dj console and performance
    Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 2:47pm
Hi, 

Finally had time to test beta 3, including hooking it up to my Hercules DJ Console as a controller using JunXion. Works a treat, and I can't believe it beta 3 is fast enough to be usuable for performance on my decrepit 550 Mhz G4 Powerbook. With preview off and not using analysis it can work quite well even with a few effects. Well done guys! 

I'm going to try beta 3 during a set next week at Labyrinth here in London. 

It sounds like the midi events / trigger thing you have in the next beta will answer my next question. Can I map the dj console buttons to start / stop clips, set in and out points and turn effects on and off? I eagerly await the next beta. 

A few questions, does the current beta save midi assignments to sliders? I quit and restarted grid pro and was dissapointed to find all my slider assignments were cleared? 

will I be able to map buttons on the hercules to turn specific effects on and off and change mixer transition mode? The hercules has 6 effects buttons along the top, I would like to able to map the 3 on the left to choose, additive mix, luma key or subtraction and the three on the right to enable / disable my three favourite effects. 

Also, this may be too specific but I'll ask. I can assign the Hercules Pitch sliders to clip speed and it works fine, but assigning the jog wheels to scrub doesn't work very well as the clip freezes when I take my hand off the scrub controller. What would be great for when scrub is assigned to midi is an option that when you stop getting midi signals from that controller is reverts to the speed set by tempo. Only thing is if possible you don't really want the clip to jump when you touch scrub again. Not really sure how to get around this it needs some kind of relative velocity mode for scrub I guess? 

Thanks for all the hard work, really surprised I will be able to use this on my current lappie, will give more freedback when I've had a better play.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic