Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Maschine Courses
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Icicle course side-chain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Icicle course side-chain
    Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 8:02pm
hi,

I'm going through the Icicle course now and it has confused me. I'm on Module 7: Sidechaining the Bass and I don't understand how he has set the kick & snare as inputs. Shouldn't he have set the drums as the Source on the Side-chain Input page? 

There is a message saying 'Don't forget to route the kick/snare sound to the compressor sidechain when doing this (like Icicle did in this section!)' but I didn't see him do it at all. Maybe I have completely misunderstood.

Please could somebody help? Many thanks in advance
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 12:12pm
Hi,

You haven't completely misunderstood. The message that pops up means don't forget to route the kick/snare to the compressor sidechain because Icicle did! That's why I put the message in. He does it in other parts of the course, but in that particular bit he didn't and I found that confusing, so added the message. I'm sorry the message confused you!
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 12:12pm
So yes, you should set those drums as the source(s) on the sidechain input page(s)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic