Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Maschine Courses
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Change sample chord

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flavvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change sample chord
    Posted: 23 May 2016 at 4:22am
Hi there,

Sorry if this is a bit of an obvious question but I have been wondering.

Some one-shot samples are chords. As in, hitting the pad triggers a sound that is not just one note but several.

I know that via the "keyboard" function on Maschine, you can transpose this chord. What I am wondering is if the chord can be edited as well.

For instance, if the chord played by a one-shot is a major chord, is there a way for me to change this to a minor chord?

Hope this makes sense, let me know if not.

Hope someone can help!

Flavvy
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 12:10pm
Hey Flavvy,

Any individual sound on a pad is a signal audio sample so can't have specific frequencies within it edited, e.g. transposed, in that way. Only the entire sample, so whole chord, can be transposed as you say. Best way is to try and find a single note sample of the same sound and then play the chord yourself...

Rob
Flavvy View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flavvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 1:24pm
Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I see--so in general the idea with chord sounds like these is to create the track around the chords available, I guess? If the single note sample isn't available, as you suggest.
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 2:15pm
no worries

yes exactly, or find a different chord sample that works with the harmony of your track.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic