Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nightmares on Wax Remix Comp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 12:52pm
I can't see the track Andy - any idea why?
U D View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U  D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 12:27pm
hey ..Smile

here's my remix

https://soundcloud.com/udit-parmar-1/nightmare-on-wax-da-feelin-u-d-remix

hope u enjoy itWink
aeb200 View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeb200 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 2:39pm
Dear All
Finding it hard to remix this song with the stems all having "ghosting" of the bass track -Chyna Vox is the only "clean dry track" i could find.  Tried a surgical eq etc, but basically i am having to slice up everything and try and reconstruct to get bits of the original in my track.
Of course i maybe doing this all wrong and maybe I am not a very good producer / musician, but i feel others maybe also having an issue with the stems.
It is interesting that the Beardyman competition last year got 84 entries and Nightmare On Wax maybe lucky to get over 10. 
Maybe this competition is trying to raise the bar by making the source material difficult to work with but ultimately the number of entries is suffering surely??   Will try and get in my entry by the end of the week as i love taking part in the ProducerTech compos (i learn so much and definitely this track has a real groove) Alex

Ashosan View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashosan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 11:29am
I liked the challenge. EQ is your friend on this one.Big smile

a moldy leak View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a moldy leak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 5:53am
Had fun with this funky pack, thx to everyone involved for the opportunity!
Enjoy!
-Moldy J  Dead

http://https://soundcloud.com/amoldyleak/moldy-j-producertechs
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a moldy leak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 5:58am
Had fun with this funky pack, thx to everyone involved for the opportunity!
Enjoy!
-Moldy J Dead

LowLoProductions View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LowLoProductions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 7:21am
https://soundcloud.com/low-lo/da-feelin-nightmares-on-wax-remix

Thanks!

RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 2:30pm
In reply to your comments Alex, we're certainly not aiming to make things harder by having live recorded stems! We just like to provide variety and change things up with each comp we do. You're right in that there are more challenges with these stems, due to their acoustic nature and also musical content, as the groove is one that's hard to radically change or set in a very different context. As others have said though, nothing like a good challenge!
TheYoungness View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheYoungness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 2:37am
YO homies! TheYoungness here. Here is my remix:

https://soundcloud.com/theyoungness/nightmares-on-wax-da-feelin-theyoungness-remix

Heart

Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a moldy leak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 10:57pm
Hey Rob, for future reference, were we allowed to use sounds other than those provided? Probably should've asked this a month ago.. hahaha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic