Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Maschine Courses
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hardware response time MKII

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flavvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hardware response time MKII
    Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 10:09am
Hi there,

I've just finished watching the videos for Machine MKII--they were really useful, thanks.

I just have one question regarding the hardware, maybe you can help me out.

In your tutorials, the pad hit/sound response time is almost immediate.

For some reason, I find that with my hardware, there is a bit of a delay between hitting the pad and hearing the sound, which makes it quite hard to properly record patterns with it, as it always ends up being out of time.

Any ideas as to how I can make it a bit more responsive?
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 12:39pm
No worries

Are you using it in standalone mode or running it as a plugin in the DAW?
Flavvy View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flavvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 6:22am
Thanks for your reply!

Well, while I plan to use it mainly as a plugin, what I'm describing here is when I use it as a standalone.
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 6:51am
If you go to Audio and MIDI Settings in the File menu, and then the Audio tab in that, what's the latency set to? It sounds like it might be set quite high. If you bring it down to 512 samples or so, then you should get rid of the problem....
Flavvy View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flavvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 3:09pm
Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your reply and sorry about the delay.

I've tried what you suggest above but I can't seem to be able to modify the Sample Rate or Latency:

They seem to be grayed out somehow.

Any thoughts?
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2015 at 3:53pm
Hmm. 480 samples, e.g. 10ms at 48k, isn't a lot of latency - it should hardly be noticeable at all. Can you choose a different driver? What happens when you switch to your computer's built-in speaker?
Flavvy View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flavvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2015 at 1:30am
Hi there,

Thanks a lot for all your help.

I just wanted to give an update on this: choosing a different driver (i.e. the ASIO driver of my audio interface) worked--the response is now almost immediate.

I guess this is quite an obvious fix for most people out there but thought I would post a reply just in case Smile

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Flavvy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic