Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Reason Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems updating from Reason 6.0 Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems updating from Reason 6.0 Help!
    Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 6:28pm
I realized my last question didn't get answered... I have yet another question.. LOL it's been awhile since I've played around and have never fully grasped what I'm doing, some things need fine tuning & understanding on my end.  But before I can proceed... I have reinstalled Reason 6.0 from the disk so that I could update to Reason 6.5... I recently had really bad computer problems and lost a lot of data & programs.. I have a Solid State hard drive and I have installed Reason onto it.  However, when I go to download the update, it's asking me to insert the disk, which I have.. I only have ONE Propellerhead Reason Disk, that's all it came with, this has never been an issue before.  In addition, it's asking me to direct to a path where my files are... ok, let me back up... I successfully installed 6.0 from the disk, but downloading the update 6.5 is where the problem is, it's saying I don't have the right folder path... do I need to install 6.02 first?  I'm not THAT techie literate.. please help, thanks... Confused
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 4:54pm
I would ask Propellerhead! There always used to be 2 disks though - 1 for the software's main installer and one for the Factory library. They may be able to sort you out with downloads for these if you don't have the right disks....
Teala View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 8:18pm
Thanks Rob... I know I've pestered you enough in the past about various things... I've always only had one disks with Reason 6.0 and the factory soundbanks, no problem.. thi sis getting weird... 
Thanks...

glecas View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glecas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 1:25am
If you have registered your products at propellerheads site, you should be able to access all downloads that are needed for you directly from the site. And if you have the soundbanks already, you could go for a smaller download that doesn't include the soundbanks.

I usually always install new Reason on top of older ones, making sure that the installation path points to the path of the old reason.

If you want to be on the safe side, you could always un-install the old Reason prior to installing the new. But before doing this, it might be a good idea to backup/move your soundbanks just for safekeeping and future use.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic