Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Reason Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ugh... Newbie.. a couple years later....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
glecas View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glecas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ugh... Newbie.. a couple years later....
    Posted: 01 May 2015 at 1:33am
Hello and sorry for the late reply.

The piano roll is not loaded at first start, and I actually cannot remember it ever doing so. To view, it you need to edit (doubleclick) a clip, or draw in a clip using the pencil tool, and then editing that clip.

To quantize your notes, you can press F8 to bring up the quantize window and take it from there.

It's a good idea to keep Reason installed on your SSD disk. Smile
Teala View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 12:10am
Hi,
I started with these tutorials 2-3 (?) years ago but life has taken priority over music for me... 
I can't concentrate anymore and need to start from the beginning if anyone is willing to work with me... 
First, when I load Reason, I don't have the piano keys that are vertical on the left side... 
I can't seem to get my notes to sync/ quantize or what have you... it's sometimes sloppy.  I have a passion for music and want to be able to write my own, successfully, and cleanly, easily deleting mistakes.  I was trying to draw notes but I'm so lost... can someone help me get me off my feet again please?  I've forgotten a lot of what I thought I learned... my memory is like a sieve... and I knew the very basics of midi many moons ago... 
Help!!! Please?!  I have Reason 7.0... unfortunately I'm unable to upgrade to 7.5, my external drives won't let me and I have a solid state drive with not enough room... should I uninstall it on all drives & start over?!
I'm not that much of a techie guru... Oops... I only have 6.0.... are there any updates for 6.0 that I can download that will work??? 
Thanks in advance... trying to start over slowly with all of this..Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic