Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Maschine Courses
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

module 6...saving samples

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trimix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: module 6...saving samples
    Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 5:35pm
In mod.6 we create a sample and save it to Maschine.
But when I do this it only saves as a .mxsnd file, and I notice that Rob ' s file is being saved as a .wav format. All library sounds are also .wav files. How do I save my own created samples as .wav?

Also, if they are not .wav files I cannot assign categories to them to help with searches, as Rob does in the video.
Any ideas?

And is there any way to organize my own sound files and import them into the main body of sound libraries... or will they always remain buried deep as "user files"?

Aaaack! It's like learning Windows all over again!
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 2:37pm
You need to right-click on the sample waveform, when the pattern section is in sample mode and choose 'save sample as' from the pop-up menu. You can then choose to save the sample wav to the User folder, or anywhere else on your computer.

It sounds like you're saving the sound from the pattern section menu, when pattern mode isn't active, which is saving it as a Maschine Soundslot preset, e.g. with all the soundslot settings as well as the sample.

It's best not to mess with the Maschine Library. This will always be a separate thing and will be replaced or tampered with on updates, so better to keep your own samples in the User section. They're easier to find that way anyway - you can categorise them too, as I show in the module.
trimix View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trimix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:32pm
Ah that did it! Thanks!
More of a coffee guy, actually
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 10:52am
no worries
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic