Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > General Producer and DJ Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

configuring my synth to play in live

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: configuring my synth to play in live
    Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 12:25pm
hey Rob/guys...
i am having trouble configuring live to read my little phatty stage 2 synth.
it uses usb over midi, the cpu aknowledges its presence, and i can physically record notes...BUT
i have no sound, and all the ins and outs i selected on the external instrument midi track didnt work...
please helpDead
skoul
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 6:19pm
Hey Skoul,

So you've connected over USB and Live is seeing MIDI and audio so you can record MIDI and audio clips using the Phatty? Or you can only record MIDI notes and can't hear anything?

If you create a MIDI clip on a MIDI track and set the Phatty as the output destination, what happens? Can you set that up and try? Once you have the Phatty receiving MIDI data from the track, you just need to change the MIDI channel to the one the Phatty responds to (its global input channel). This will normally be channel 1 but on some synths it's different.

What can you select on the external inst device? What are the options?

Cheers,

Rob
skoul View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 8:52am
hey rob, 
thanks for responding so quickly. 
the problem is, indeed, that i can record midi notes without sound.
The little phatty does not show as a choice of input, output, or control surface...
The extrnl inst device will only show me, APC40 or USB??? or Configure....under configure i cant find little phatty listed ....
do you have any idea what is to be done?
thanks
skoul
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 11:46am
Hey Skoul,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Little Phatty only sends MIDI over USB right? As a result, it's not going to show up as an audio i/o option. This means you're going to need to physically connect its audio output jacks to the inputs of an audio interface or soundcard, which will show up in Live. Do you have a soundcard or interface?

Cheers,

Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic