Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > General Producer and DJ Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mixing correctly to avoid extra low frequencies qu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapataproducciones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mixing correctly to avoid extra low frequencies qu
    Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:06am
hello world, question or tips for this.

when i am creating sounds should i export every sound using a low pass eq (cutting lows that i dont need) to avoid boomy mixes when i load those sounds into a set....

or

can i just use any bunch of sounds (lest say I already exported them without appliyng low cut eq when creating them separatelly)..and place an eq cutting all the lows not needed.

Thankkk yoouuuu for our help

Smile

RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 10:52am
Either way is fine really, as long as your paying attention to the bottom end. Most sounds tend to have too much going on, particularly at the bottom, to make them sound good on their own, so as long as you're aware of that and making sure the bassy frequencies aren't adding up too much, especially on the tracks were little or none is required, then you're fine. Low cut filter beforehand or EQ afterwards works.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic