Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Maschine Courses
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Automate FX withen a scene and pattern

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebasementwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Automate FX withen a scene and pattern
    Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 1:39am
How can i automate FX in maschine 2.0. Example Scene 3 pattern 1 i want to automate a FX a filter sweep. I tried but it automated the whole patterns even tho i was in scene 3 pattern 1

HELP
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 4:26pm
Automation (or modulation as Maschine calls it) is linked to patterns. So, if you create automation, in any of the ways shown on the course, it will apply that modulation to the pattern, wherever it appears in the arrangement, so in lots of scenes if you have that pattern used in more than one scene.

Also remember that if you make an automation change, it can effect every pattern - best practice is to keep the dial in the position you want it throughout the whole arrangement, e.g. in all patterns, and then automate the dial with respect to that position. So, for example, don't turn a filter cutoff right down and then automate it opening in a pattern at the start, but keep the cutoff up and maybe draw in a modulation curve that opens it. Otherwise you might end up with every pattern having the cutoff turned down.

Hopefully that makes sense!
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 4:27pm
What site are you viewing our courses on by the way?
thebasementwonder View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebasementwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 10:56pm
well i have maschine 1 from music tech havent purchased v2 as yet. So i have to play the full arrangment in order to apply the filter sweep i want i cant just apply it to thr specific scent and pattern.

NI need to fix that

RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 3:22pm
Oh so you have to play whole scenes to hear one bit of your arrangement. Yeah, that was an annoying feature of Maschine v1! I definitely recommend upgrading! v2 is a lot better!
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebasementwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 10:56pm
No No I am on V2 of maschine bu the video tuts i havent bought yet. Sorry Rob but overall the modulation part i want to complish but cant As i said i want to add the filter sweep on scene 3 pattern 1 but its affecting the whole thing. Do i have to play the arragement and when i get to the part write the filter in as i play 
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 2:08pm
Oh okay!

No, automation (or modulation as it's called within Maschine - automation is reserved for parameter adjustments in the DAW) is recorded into patterns. So, if you create some filter automation in pattern 1 and then use pattern 1 in Scenes 3-10 of your arrangement, then all those scenes will have that filter automation. The only way to make it only appear in scene 3 would be to duplicate pattern 1 with scene 3 selected to create a new pattern just in that scene, and then record in the automation...
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebasementwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2014 at 10:13pm
Can i zip the project to u and u can see what i want to do I kinda understand but if i can and u look at it would be helpful with some comments

here is the link to download my project

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rvj7ye

i did a work around What i did is created a new group with the pattern i want to add a filter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic