Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you tune your drums?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redtyrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you tune your drums?
    Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 10:21pm
I notice producers talk about tuning drums in dance music. A lot of  people seem to prefer Ultra Beat to do this. Do you tune your drums in Logic, and if so what do you use? 
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 9:53am
You can use any instrument to tune them, drum synth or sampler. Ultrabeat makes it easier though as it's both a synth and a sampler, so often has synthesized tones in its drums, which are easier to tune, due to having a reference pitch. That said, it's better to use your ears rather than rely on this, so it doesn't matter too much.. you could use EXS or any other sampler as they all have tuning controls.
Redtyrant View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redtyrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 6:42pm
Thanks Rob, I noticed it is easier for me to use my ear and go with what sounds good. This site has help my productions out a lot.
JET-Zet studio View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JET-Zet studio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 11:50am
Sure - drums should be tuned. Not in electronic music only. There are lots of drims sample packs where samples allocated to folders according to pitch. Even if you have nothing like this but your ears tell you that the sample you've choose doesn't fit the mix you can change it's pitch (not much) to fit or better choose another sample.
JET-Zet mix/master service.50%off for newcomers.PT,Ableton,FL services http://jetzetstudio.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic