Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matthew And The Atlas Remix Comp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 10:04am
I'm sorry you feel that way Germán. Choosing winners is never easy as there are so many reasons to like music, and with Matthew and the other members in the band not being into 'dance' music particularly, their preference was definitely favouring the more downtempo entries.

The Sikada/Higher Heights track is a worthy winner though, and certainly has no tuning issues, that any of the professional musicians, label owners and production trainers could hear at least. Producers and DJs favourites tend to be the genres that they would play out or produce, so remixes like Cat Cat Cat's definitely do it for me, which I could easily hear in the middle of a funky disco set.

Of course, there are plenty of other entries that would have been chosen as winners if the judges had been different people, like label owners who release music in a particular genre as we've had in previous comps. However, in this instance, these are the tracks that the band chose, without any competition rigging or other biases.

I urge you to try and keep an open mind in future comps and appreciate the wide variety of music in the world, in all its delicious forms. But if you can't do that, maybe just refrain from publicly throwing your toys out the pram, as Jim suggests.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic