Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems With Bass Patches In Dubstep Course

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redtyrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems With Bass Patches In Dubstep Course
    Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 5:57am
I have been going through the Dubstep Production course which is great, but I noticed that when I recreate the bass patches to follow along with the tutorial my sounds are distorted. I checked the meters and there is no clipping so I am not sure what the cause could be.

I am using Logic Pro 9 with Mavericks (not sure if that matters).

Has any one else had this issue?  Is there a fix?
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 12:15pm
I've not heard that before, it could be a Logic 9/Mavericks thing. My machine with Mavericks on only has Logic X, so I can't check.

I'll ask Rich and see what he says… it could be a case of reloading the bass patches into your sessions, which we can send you.
Redtyrant View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redtyrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 1:36am
Thank you. I'm curious to find out what the issue may be.
Rich (Defazed) View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Defazed) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 5:30pm
Hi RedTyrant,

I don't think the problem would be with Mavericks OS, as I'm running Logic 9.1 on Mavericks and have not experienced any problems like this.

In what way are the bass sounds distorted? Is there any clipping happening at any other point along the signal path e.g. the submix or master channels? Try investigating these areas for issues, otherwise open the original Logic file that came with the course and check your settings are similar to these. It may be that you have simply pushed the output too high on one of the synhts, or pushed the gain too high on one of the compressors/distortion plugins.

Please post back with results.

Cheers,

Rich
Redtyrant View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redtyrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2014 at 1:21am
Hi Rich,
There was clipping on the "Talking Bass"when I checked the output using my K-Meter. I turned down the output on the EXS to -6db on all of the bass sounds. This seems to have resolved my issue. 

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic