Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oxygen 49, Windows 7 & Live 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kronk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oxygen 49, Windows 7 & Live 8
    Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 8:01pm
Hi - Can anyone help? It's not an Ableton question as such....but I'm just returning to Ableton having made a (very basic) start with Live 7 about 2 years ago, and just about to sign-up to the two Live 8 courses here.

I've got Live 8, Windows 7 laptop, Alesis I/O2 and MAudio Oxygen 49 Keyboard/controller (2nd gen, the silver one).

The problem I've got is that there are no Windows 7 drivers for the Oxygen 49 so I can't use this with Live 8 on my Windows 7 machine! The MAudio site is no help and I get the impression that they have no plans for win 7 drivers for this as they say that the Oxygen 49 is a 'plug and play device' and windows has drivers for this. However, whatever I try I can't get it working and I've looked on the MAudio web forum and many other people have the same problem.

Can anyone offer any advice on how I might get this working?

If the answer is that I simply need to buy a new keyboard/controller (which I really don#t want to do) can anyone suggest a decent keyboard/controller for use with Live 8 that will definately work in Windows 7 (and I don't really have loads to spend).

Thanks a lot - hope you can help.

Kronk
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 11:46am
Hey Kronk,

I'm not too sure about M-Audio products or Windows 7 but if all else fails then you could always get one of Novation's cheaper keyboards like the Nocturn Keyboard. If you visit the answerbase in the support section of the Novation website then you can check whether the keyboards are compatible with Windows 7...

Hope you find a solution for the Oxygen though!

Cheers,

Rob
alice View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 12:23pm
hey...this is amazing web post from you.. i am new here and i found this site very interesting and informative ,, you are a professional blogger i think thank you for the post buddy and keep on posting nice stuff like this :)
E20-340 // CISA // 70-294 // 70-620

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic