Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vst Plug-Ins and Logic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saigon10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vst Plug-Ins and Logic
    Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 7:25pm
Hi !

I am new here, ide like to know if you offer any course on plug ins use with Logic, more specifically im looking to learn in depth Drums plug ins like "superior drummer" or "Fxpansion" and its use in Logic pro. Please let me know.
Thank you.
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 9:06pm
hi ya mate.... they're both subtractive synthesis .... so you could learn from any drum synth like ULTRABEAT already in logic

once you understand oscillators & modulation & the types of sound waves... you can turn your knowledge to any synthesiser & produce your own drum timbres

ultra beat is rated 1 of the best drum syths around... ive never used it as i use Ableton & the next best thing or the 1 i like to use is the ATTACK...

look HERE... This is part of the producertech courses & support on this forum with any purchase.... maybe you wont find what your looking for specifically as i imagine you have gone to great lengths to find what your looking for but you may find something you do like...

JUST REMEMBER.... LEARNING THE FUNDAMENTALS OF SUBTRACTIVE SYNTHESIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW... NOT HOW TO USE A PARTICULAR INSTRUMENT MODEL/TYPE

Peace
Dave
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 9:57pm
We don't actually have any lessons on those particular drum instruments, but do have lessons on the built-in drum synths and samplers that come with Live, Logic and Reason (the three DAWs that we currently teach), as Dave says. We also have courses on Maschine, which is much more than just a drum sampler, but can be used to make beats in Logic.

Although the controls do vary on instruments, it is true to a degree that once you know one you know them all. Of course, there are exceptions. It is certainly truer with synths though, like many of the subtractive and FM ones we teach.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic