Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing Volume on an automated track

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing Volume on an automated track
    Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 1:23pm
Hey all,

Just thought I'd share this Logic info on here - an answer I recently gave to a student that I've been asked about a couple of times now...

Q: Is it possible to turn down the volume of a track after having made a volume-automation. I have used a bit of volume-automation repeating in every bar in the shaker-track to make it flow better, and now I would like to turn the shaker a bit down, because it’s too loud according to the drums. But I don’t want to lose my automation-details. Is that possible?

A: There are two ways of doing this. The first is to adjust the whole automation envelope for volume, e.g. choose Volume on the track header whilst 'Automation' display is active, then hold down the apple/command key and click and drag the yellow bar on the track header up and down. This will move the whole volume curve up and down.

The other way is somewhat simpler and probably the one I would use - just add an effect like channel EQ to the track and use the master gain parameter on that to adjust the track volume.

Cheers,

r
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic