Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Atari c-lab notator files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Atari c-lab notator files
    Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 9:35am
I have archives of previous work stored on atari formatted disks.  I need to import them into logic.  I know the mac can import these files but I have no way of enabling the mac to read these 3.5" Atari formatted disks.  I'm based in Brighton.  Is there anyone out there who can help me?  Thanks - Paul
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 5:28pm
Hey Paul,

What format are the files? Getting them off the disc can be done with an external USB 3.5" floppy drive. If they're just regular digital audio files then you're cool from there but if you have to convert atari files then you'll need to use some atari emulation software I believe....

http://www.cheek.org/atari/emulator.htm

Cheers,

Rob
pauln View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 6:39pm
Sorry I realise it's ages since I checked in.  The files are c-lab midi files (no audio).  I'm pretty sure that logic imports the old c-lab files but the problem is that the Mac doesn't read atari formatted files.  I have an external USB 3.5 floppy drive and the mac reads PC formatted and of course mac formatted but not this atari format.  I'm listening even though I haven't checked in for ages!  Thanks - Paul
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 5:36pm
I'm afraid I have no idea then! Perhaps there's an atari forum somewhere you can check!

r
pauln View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 6:45pm
OK Rob thanks.  If I find a solution I'll post it here : there just may be others old enough to be in the same situation.
harcourt View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harcourt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 9:42pm
I know its an old post...but for anyone who subsequently stumbles upon this post like I did:

If you have access to a Windows PC with a floppy drive, those Atari format discs can be read. I'm not sure if this is the case with all versions of Windows though. However I have been successful with a version of Windows 2000 Pro - as its an old PC with under 1GB of RAM - a requirement to run that old (2002) version of Emagic Logic Audio Platinum 5.5.1. But I have at least been able to open the .SON file format on these floppies. Its been great, as it brings in all the virtual track parameter settings and arrange chains intact. I guess once its on a PC its a lot easier to then transfer files to a Mac via USB or whatever. 
pauln View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 10:29pm
Thanks harcourt though I posted my question ages ago it's still relevant and useful.
pylmusic View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pylmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 8:51pm
Hello
10 years ago i did a transfer of all my old notator files and now i still can open them into Logic 9 (2014)

Here is what i did :

read the atari floppy disc into an old pc (tower) but use the MF2 HD format to copy files ino ATARI first
then made a copy into the PC to an MF2 HD format that can be read by a G3 Powermac.
That"s done !

If you have any problem just let me know by private message !

ps; 3 ways to save a file into Atari, SONG PATTERN and SEQUENCE
of course you have to create an SONG cause' PATTERN and SEQUENCE cant be read into mac
hoody View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 7:36pm
Hi

just come across your post and I have a similar challenge, maybe you can help me with

I have some old atari floppies with steinburg midi files, I do have a floppy drive attached to my windows 7 tower but as I expected it cant read them without having to reformat

A long shot but on the off chance you might have an idea

Appreciate any guidance

Regards
Jules9906 View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jules9906 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 3:37pm
I would be grateful for any advice you can give. I have a load of original backing tracks on disks created with Notator. Is it possible export/read midi info on Windows 10. Thank you in advance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic