Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Cubase Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VST Stylus Interface disappeared from Cubase 5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ushko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VST Stylus Interface disappeared from Cubase 5
    Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:11am
 Hi everybody,

I have the following problem which drives me up the wall: I have Spectrasonic Stylus RMX 1.9 installed on Cubase 5.1  which did run like a dream until a couple of days ago. Than I started playing around with it, loading several rhythms from several banks onto the same pad to try out some combination of grooves when Stylus started to stall. It did not play the sounds selected anymore and I could not load any new ones. Also the little speaker icon beside the sound elected did not show anymore.
Opening an old project Stylus did play the programed tracks OK and I could edit it briefly.

Now if I want to edit Stylus in a new project it suddenly does not open anymore! Stylus does show up in my plug in folder, I can choose it as a VST instrument etc but once I want to edit it it simply does not open. The .dll files are all correctly installed.

I have tried to uninstall Stylus within the registry and deleting all files and reinstalled it. This time it did not let me register but it appeared within Cubase alright.
All my other synth etc are opening fine.
Any suggestions are extremely welcome as I am in the middle of a project and cannot proceed.
My specs: Win7 64bit,  AMD 6x3.2 GH, 12 gig RAM, 2 Tera HD,Cubase 5.1,
ushko View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ushko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 10:17am
Fixed it! By chance I stumbled over a post on cubase.net:  http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=844556&sid=653e11a68d1581b8935b3edd974dde3c which did the trick. For some reason by adjusting the screen resolution to the lowest resolution and therefore forcing windows to show all  on the screen my Stylus miraculously reappeared. Hope this helps others with the same problem....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic