Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum > Live-Courses.com Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Started

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj agro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 7:23pm
I have a question. When we finish watching all the modules and complete the courses. Can we still go back in and watch the modules again to go over them time after time? 

Also. I downloaded the first course certificate for ableton and it gave me a reason certificate. ? I signed up for ableton courses.
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 7:30pm
hi Agro...

yeah mate you can watch them time and again until your hearts content and confident in applying these methods to your own productions...

uuuuuuuummmmmmmm as for the Reason cert..... I think the man may have to answer that 1....

they are changing servers so there may be a bit of disruption at the moment.... hence why you have this cert.... Im sure this will be sorted out for you

PeaceYing Yang
dj agro View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj agro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 7:42pm
Thank you! The main thing was my first question. I appreciate it! 
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 7:47pm
Hey Agro,

Yes, as Dave said, you're cool to watch them as many times as you like.

Re: the certificate. That definitely doesn't sound right!! We literally just switched our servers over so it must have been a problem with the switch! I'll mention it to the web team immediately and get it sorted out for you... sorry about that!

Cheers,

r
chasb441 View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasb441 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 9:02am
Hi Rob. Having some issues with the video playback on your modules. I'm using a PC with Ableton Live installed but watching the videos on a macbook air (mainly because the air only has 2g of ram and is a bit slow). The thing is with safari when selecting a video to watch it opens a 2nd tab page and nothing happens. All OK on a PC with Chrome. Is this an issue with the Safari browser maybe?? 2nd...is it permissible to download the course videos for off line use? I understand this may be an issue for obvious reasons !! and finally....how large is the download pack as it seems to be downloading for ever !!
regards
CharlieB
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 9:21am
Hi Charlie B.

i think that maybe an issue with your browser or slow connection... I stream with firefox or Explorer and these are perfectly fine...
as long as you can view your course this is the main thing....

you wont be able to download the courses.... for the obvious reasons I think you are already well aware of..

and there pack is if i recall... as im on my works computer...sssshhEvil Smile... it is about 1.5Gig as you have loads of samples which is the bulk of the file.....

hope this helps 
chasb441 View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasb441 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 10:17am
Thanks for the reply....well I have a 10 meg connection and all is good with Chrome or Explorer but for some reason the Safari browser on my macbook air will not stream the videos. I have just downloaded the course content file and it was just over 500 meg so will see how it goes with that. As for my Safari problem I will just have to use the Windows PC until I resolve it. Shame as they could be used together ie watch the lesson on the mac and work in Ableton on the PC at the same time. Cry

charlieB
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 10:28am
could you not install explorer or other.... onto Mac...

when i was doing the course i just used windows 7 split screen thing.... watched the movie & worked in ableton
it worked as you will find... most of the course files only take up a few audio or midi tracks with a few devices...

so i found i had a visual of eery thing a wanted
chasb441 View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasb441 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 10:38am
Yes could do the split 'thing thing'. I will get Chrome for the mac, sure that will do the trick. Just checked the course download and its no good. So believe you are spot on with 1.5 gig or so....this file was just over 500 meg and is not un-archiving what so ever. Says the zip file is corrupt. So anybody help with that please? I do see some earlier posts here that talked about problems with the download of said file.

charlieB
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 10:48am
you using winrar?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic