Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

backing up your final mixes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedbird17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: backing up your final mixes
    Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 2:33pm
I know it sounds obvious so aplogies. but wha is the easiest way to save all the files of a final mix in case you loose the main ones or back ups? I have an external drive which backs up all the Macs files, but would like to be able to save just the final mix of a project to a seperate device, so if say a fire or someting ruined your files, you at least have a seperate device with all the final stuff on it for retrieval. When in a project, obviosuly there is the 'save as' function, but how do you send this somewhere else other than the Mac?

Thankyou.

Jeremy.
robot planet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robot planet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 5:14am
Back it up to a key ring flash drive and attach it to your keys, you generally won't often lose them.  Copy files to a cd and leave it at a mate's place in case yours catches fire.  Buy some file storage space online (or use the space you get with your internet provider if that's enough).  

Is that what you mean?
www.soundcloud.com/robotplanet

http://www.robotplanet.info
speedbird17 View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedbird17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 4:24pm
Thankyou. That is what I am after. The only bit where I get stuck, and I know its sounds crazy, is how you actually do it. When I press save or create a project with save as, it gets saved to the Mac. Do I assume if you plug in an external device like a flash drive or CD, then that will create an option to save it to that device, rather than the Mac? I'm afraid whilst I am ok at music, my ability with the basics of computing is poor!! Thankyou for taking the time to read and reply.

robot planet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robot planet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 11:06am
No worries.  Yeah plus in the USB Flash Drive and either it will come up in the list for places to save it to, or you can just copy the whole project file (right-click copy) and paste it in the drive itself.  This will copy all the files you should need to back it up properly. :)
www.soundcloud.com/robotplanet

http://www.robotplanet.info
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic