Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Useing my synthesizer with Ableton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Useing my synthesizer with Ableton
    Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 11:08am
I have a Roland SH-201 synthesizer which I have been using as my midi controller, I want to know what I should do in the preference folder or where ever  to be able to use it just as a Synth going into Ableton, I can't seem to  get it to come off Midi controller function. Thanks!
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 12:28pm
Hey Chink,

This is the MIDI prefs again (see your other thread). You need to deactivate the 'track' and 'remote' options on the input row for the Roland and turn them on for the Roland's output row instead. This will mean that any MIDI coming into Live from the Roland will be ignored, but you can play the synth using its own controls or by sending MIDI to it from a track in Live....

Cheers,

Rob
robot planet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robot planet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 3:29am
Hey Rob, your private messages are full
www.soundcloud.com/robotplanet

http://www.robotplanet.info
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 12:46pm
ah! that's why I've not heard back from you! I'll delete some asap....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic