Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Reason Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Global Pitch Automation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADISDAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Global Pitch Automation
    Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 11:47am
Hi Tongue

Is there a way for me to automate a pitch bend on the entire project, not just one instrument/device. I would like to use this effect at the end of a transition from the intro to the hook for example. I take it the method you may suggest can be used with any effects?

Anywho Thank you verry much Cool

RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 11:56am
Unfortunately, Reason still doesn't have a global tuning setting as far as I'm aware. What effect is it you're trying to achieve though? Do you want to make the pitch of the whole track drop on that transition?
ADISDAS View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADISDAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 2:33pm
Hi Rob, Yes Approve pretty much the last bar of the transition i would like to have pitch bend automated (Preferably a tape echno effect found on the kong) but pitch bend would work aswell i guess.

*Just a small description, coming out of all the energy & hype of the hook and transitioning into the verse would benefit from abit of negative pitch bend or tape stop effect right before the verse starts.

If ii can't achieve this in reason i guess i could rewire the entire mix into FL studio as you explained to me before, Just checking though incase it is possible in reason since I'm not too familiar with rewire just yet, I will definitely have a look at the articles you suggested though, It seems rewire + FL studio is the only option.

I myself favor reason over FL studio but nonetheless working with both in tandem would have its benefits i imagine. There's so much to learn its driving me crazy LOL

Thanks ! Big smile
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 3:02pm
Well, you can create that kind of effect easily just by slowing down any sample, but the parts in the song may sound nicer. I would maybe bounce a single stab from the hook or bass or whatever comes just before the verse, along with a drum hit from the song like a kick or something, or if you like just bounce all the parts sounding on the beat you want the effect to happen on. Then, take that newly created audio sample and play it with NNXT or another sampler on a new track, so you can add the pitch bend effect to that single instrument rather than worrying about all tracks or the global tempo.
ADISDAS View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ADISDAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 2:57am
Thats a great idea! this will take alot less time then what i was planning on doing Big smile Thanks Rob much appreciated!
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 10:09am
no worries
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic