Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How could I get this sound!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How could I get this sound!
    Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 12:19pm
Hi there, been trying to create this pitched down snare for a while but can't seem to get it. I've tried resampling and doing all kinds of tricks, nothing Cry

Have a listen and let me know how this could be achieved! It is a snare hit pitch down...that's what I hear it as. It comes it at: 0:11 and continues throughout the track

Cheers
Rolln View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 1:55pm
Seriously? NOBODY!!?
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 12:02pm
I don't hear this as a pitched down snare, it's too melodic. It sounds like a (low-pass) filtered synth to me, or bass stab. Try playing different synth patches with lots of the top end rolled off with a low-pass and see if you can create a similar sound. You may want to try having a filter envelope too, which raises the filter frequency at the start of the note (e.g. the filter envelope has no attack and a short decay to make the initial transient a bit brighter).
Rolln View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 8:54am
Thank you Rob! I knew I could count on you :)

Will give this a shot! 

Rolln View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rolln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 9:37am
Hi Rob! Took your idea but instead of a synth or bass part, I used a snare hit using the same principles as you had implied and.... it worked!! 

Thanks a lot! I appreciate you coming through Big smile

Going to get a track groovin' and shoot your way 

By the way I love the Tutorials you created for Logic and Maschine, well worth the investment :) You have such a vast knowledge and know your craft!

Thanks again!
Roland
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:06pm
No problem Roland. Glad you like the tutorials

Look forward to hearing your tunes....

r
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic