Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transients in Logic 8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeannoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transients in Logic 8
    Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 5:42am
< ="utf-8">Hi Rob, 

Thanks for your reassuring email, indeed i was worried to find right from the get go i was out of the game. Luckily the 3rd module went like a breeze.
Module 4 it's back to flexing and when in the sample editor there's also transients which i can't do, am I in heaps of trouble further down the road or is this the only other thing Logic 8 doesn't have?
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 5:02pm
Hey Jean. No really, flexing is the main thing and yes it crops up a couple of times here and there but you're far from out of the game! I've checked all of the differences on the website and they're small things mainly. All I can find is...... making a comp'd riff by recording in loop. This is 4 mins of training in the next module on recording. You may only have a previous version of MainStage too, so you won't be able to do a couple of small things like playback and looping, but they're only small points, and that's not till the last module on the beginners course.

On the advanced course I can only find slicing audio to MIDI, which is 2 mins or so of the movie when teaching about EXS - advanced sampling. So, all in all, it's not a massive amount. Like I said before though, some of the things like flexing are really useful features that you might want to upgrade so you have them!

Cheers,

Rob
Jeannoel View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeannoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 5:30am
Thanks Rob,

I will upgrade to Logic 9 eventually but happy knowing it's possible following the course with 8. Just finished module 5 it's all good, really enjoying the pace and quality of your tutorials, thanks.

Jean-Noël
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 1:30pm
Hey Jean,

Great stuff! 8)

r
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic