Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Logic 9 Ultrabeat editing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodmusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Logic 9 Ultrabeat editing
    Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 6:07am
Hi Rob
I am a music teacher/ pro musician who works with Mark Martino at Sacred Heart College Western Australia. Recently we signed up to install logic 9 on all of our new computers and received the "how to" videos from you which are great. I have logic 9 studio at home and am having a small problem when I access the section "compose" from the menu in Logic 9 and then open "songwriter" Everything works great but how do you make the pre recorded drum track open as a midi file in the arrange window so that you can edit the stuff or simply cut the track wherever?
At present you can hear the drums but there is no visible strip next to that instrument.
thanks
Rod ChristianSmile
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2011 at 6:13pm
Hey Rod,

Cool, I'm glad you're liking the courses!

The drum track you're talking about is an Ultrabeat track and it's using the instrument's built-in step sequencer to play the drums. The easiest thing to do if you want to edit these is to open up the instrument, then you'll see down in the bottom left corner, it says 'pattern' and next to it is a switch, just to the left of the pattern number/name. If you click and drag that switch, then you can drag out the pattern as a MIDI region onto the Ultrabeat track. Then you just need to turn off Ultrabeat's sequencer, which you can do with the power switch in the same bottom left corner of Ultrabeat, after which the instrument will be played by MIDI regions on the track and not its own sequencer.

You can learn more about Ultrabeat in the drum modules on the beginners and advanced course for more info......

Cheers,

Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic