Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Logic Pro X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Logic Pro X
    Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 6:33pm
Anyone tried out Logic Pro X yet? I'm gonna grab it soon so will let you all know what I think, I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has gotten round to trying it out and what you think if so....
stevethnz View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevethnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2013 at 7:50pm
Hi Rob,
            I just updated from 9. I love it. It's got all of the ver. 9 stuff, but quite a lot more and the interface is a bit different to use. I'm a fairly traditional musician (guitar, bass, keys - that kind of thing) and also a music teacher, so for me the new features are great to see. Quite a few things so far have blown me away. By now you've probably had a good look at it yourself. It will be interesting to see what you come up with in a 'new features' course - looking forward to it.
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 2:37pm
Thanks Steve. Good to know. I'll definitely be getting on some new tutorials soon, whether it's a completely new course, or one or two lessons on the new features, or both. I think it could warrant a whole new course, so may take a little while, but I'll be getting to it shortly so watch this space!
virtuoso View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtuoso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 9:33pm
Hi Rob,

Do you know now whether this will be a completely new set of courses or just some lessons? I have been hesitant about purchasing the course on here as it is only on Logic 9.
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2013 at 7:23pm
When I'm back in Berlin at the end of the month, I'll do some free updates to the existing Logic Courses, which will explain some of the differences and new features in version X. Then, I'll do an entirely new course with version X, as a separate thing, which I imagine will be out in the first half of 2014.

So, anyone wanting to sign up right now who owns 9 or X, will be basically catered for when the free tutorials go up a few weeks from now. Then, if wanting to sign up for the new version X course next year, existing Logic Courses students will get a heavily discounted offer...

I hope this answers your question.

r
AndyG View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 12:27am
I have pretty much the same question regarding the new logic pro x courses. I've just downloaded the new version of logic pro and also had the chance to watch the first (free) module/video based on logic pro 9 and it's a little bit hard to follow to be honest due to the many different new modifications to this new version of the software. i'm gonna go ahead and sign up for logic pro 9 course anyways so i can get a better understanding of the software itself. Looking forward to get access to this new course!!!  

cheers!!
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 10:14am
Hey Andy,

I started looking at Logic X but then got sidetracked. I'm focussed on Maschine version 2 this week, but should be back on Logic next week, so I expect to get some new tutorials done by the end of next week...

Yeah, the software GUI has changed a reasonable amount, as well as the editors, so a fair bit of the Logic 9 course no longer applies to X, particularly the early lessons on the Beginners course.

Cheers,

r
lodyT View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lodyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 12:08pm
Hi Rob

Any progress on the Logic X course...?I know you said mid 2014, however, I just purchased it and don't want to pay for a course if only complete next year.

Any advise on proceeding as is on your site or any other sites with more insight on this subject? Really want to get cracking on not wait!

Also, do you only cover house related courses OR are there vast options for EDM?

Thank you
vanhaze2000 View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanhaze2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 9:30pm
+1

RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 10:03am
Hey Lody,

Sorry, I missed your post a month back! I am currently working on Logic X tutorials and will be aiming to get these out as soon as possible in 2014... hopefully, the Beginners course will be in time for our brand new Logic Courses site, planned for Feb/March, but I am going to make some tutorials available for existing students before then, as I appreciate the current Beginners course (first 4 lessons at least) aren't great for owners of X.

We plan to make Logic courses teaching more styles this year too, including drum and bass and dubstep, so these should appear on the site shortly after too...

r
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic