Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum > Live-Courses.com Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

a couple quick questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glyphx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by morganlefaye morganlefaye wrote:

okay... so i have watched the analogue module... and you are right the noise generator /color dial is reffered to as a high pass filter....

And Ableton refer to it as a low pass filter...... but i think this is some what debatable ..... as the dial has a cut off that covers the entire frequency range

My understanding is that LP or HP is a matter of which side of the cutoff is passing, not whether the cutoff itself is a high or low frequency.  For instance in the module where it explains making an 808 snare with operator, the filter is set as a HP but with a very low cut off (107Hz).   Am I understanding correctly? 
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 4:39pm
okay i have asked rob to check this description out....

yes.... i have to agree with you & Ableton....

im sure Rob will be in touch
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2013 at 6:42pm
Hey Ben,

Two things I've somehow overlooked! The Color dial is most definitely a low-pass filter - purely a slip of the tongue that I should hope is most apparent from everything else I'm saying in the lesson! And the description is indeed wrong - could have been miscopied when we switched servers or something. I'll get that corrected on Tuesday when I have the coders update the website with all the new content for Live 9....

Thanks for pointing it out!

Cheers,

r
glyphx View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glyphx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 2:02pm
No prob :)  Loving the courses - thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic