Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ableton Won't Play Any Sound!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ableton Won't Play Any Sound!
    Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 11:04am
Hey,
I'm currently facing a huge problem, I can't hear anything from Ableton Live! The sounds just don't play through my new sub woofer!
In my sound card, I can see 3 slots to insert the speaker jack into, I have 2 slots with a small headphone picture above them, and one slot with a microphone picture above it, One of my headphone slots were broken (It still managed to work somehow by inserting the jack inside, But the sound isn't in good quality), So yesterday, I decided to buy new Philips DVD with Subwoofers, Bought them, Fixed a jack to insert it in a slot behind the DVD and in the broken slot behind my computer, So the DVD Sub Woofers would play, Then I realized that it doesn't work, So I inserted the jack into the other headphone/speaker slot behind my computer, and went into my Intel control panel and managed to change it, It works with playing MP3's, But it won't play any volume on Ableton or Soundcloud! Please help me :(
Pictures:
http://prntscr.com/vqmd4
(Input Config): http://prntscr.com/vqmfj
(Output Config): http://prntscr.com/vqmh0

morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 11:19am
hi ya....

so you have selected multiple in/output options

so on the MASTER CHANNEL IN ABLETON... have you selected these options..
Forlex View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 11:30am
What do you mean? Here's a screenshot of my master channel http://prntscr.com/vqoxc
Thanks a lot for replying though :)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 11:32am
yeah so you altered your preferences... have you made adjustments to these options on the master channel?

Forlex View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 11:36am
How do I make adjustments in the master channel? D:
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 11:45am
leave this for  minute... are you using an audio interface?

if so does your driver type say ASIO
and your audio device selected ?

Forlex View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 11:50am
No, My driver Type says ''MME/DirectX'
And my Input and output are both set to 'Realtek Audio HD Input DX'
I tried using ASIO4ALL, But same problem happens..
It's weird, If I connect my old speaker to the BROKEN SLOT, Ableton works, But with the alternative slot, it doesnt..
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 12:01pm
so are you using the pc/mac on board sound card or external (or audio interface)??

if your external
in the  output config... you should have 4 options to highlight

1/2 is split channel
1 & 2 would be mono left mono right speaker
3 & 4 etc etc
if the sub is plugged into a different output you need more routes out and split the master channel further

Forlex View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 12:18pm
I'm using the onboard intel soundcard, As I said, One slot is broken, and 2 are OK.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 12:24pm
will this kinda limits things a bit.. i would suggest if your only limited to 2 outs...then for your speakers/monitors
buy yourself a SPLIT LEAD.... So you have stereo & free up the port for the sub

should only cost 5 or 6 pounds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic