Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > Announcements > Forum feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maschine house lesson video problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagaloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maschine house lesson video problems
    Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 5:52pm
I just purchased the Maschine house lesson program and am unable to watch the videos. Broadband connection works fine. Tried on a Macbook pro, Mac Pro and a Windows 8 machine, all exhibit the same issues. I've tried in Chrome and Firefox on all three machines. The issue is while Rob is talking, he will often repeat himself at odd times as if the video is skipping yet the video continues sometimes to a different part while repeating the same audio. Pausing and restarting does not help and has made the video playback pause or go a few frames faster. I've viewed other streaming courses in the past and this is the first time I've encountered an issue with them. This may seem like taboo but has anyone else asked for the video files of the course themselves, considering it's easier to play/pause while following along? If I can't get this rectified I'll have to put in for a refund. I'm disappointed because for the 10 minutes or so I was able to watch I was really enjoying myself.
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 6:17pm
hi Jag....
WELL... this is odd if you have taken other courses...  you have only signed up today... !!!
you are still a TEA BOY.... SO ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE PURCHASED THIS PARTICULAR COURSE CORRECTLY...as you should be a 'producer tech student'

I will inform Rob ... to check your details....and get you sorted out as soon as possible

in the mean time.......have you up dated ADOBE FLASH PLAYER .... LATELY?
jagaloon View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagaloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 11:55pm
Never taken/purchased any other courses through producertech.com, this was my first one. I had been eyeballing this course all week and now that the weekend's here and I have some time I wanted to sit down and learn a bit more. 

On the second part of the video at 3:50 Rob states "A couple of things I've done to it now firstly I've trimmed the events at the end of the pattern so they cut out for the last half a beat..." and the video continues showing the cursor moving around more but then repeats the same previous quote "A couple of things I've done to it now firstly I've trimmed the events at the end of the pattern so they cut out for the last half a beat..."

The above example is about as best an example as I can describe and happend over a dozen times on the first video. I have not gotten through the second video yet.

Trying to view the video on three seperate machines, I was trying to eliminate any problem on my end. Good point on the flash player. With the Chrome browser, google handles the updating of flash and I just double checked and Chrome states that I'm using the latest/greatest version.

Have to wait and see what the verdict is but it certainly detracts from watching/viewing when the video decides to repeat itself at random times. It's frustrating because I've taken courses for other things (not music related) or even watching Netflix, youtube videos, streaming video conference for work and nothing has exhibited anything like this before which is why I'm scratching my head. Unless the server that's doing the streaming is having some sort of problem.

I'll sit tight and wait to see what the verdict is, and I hope it can be fixed/solved because in all honesty this is by far one of the best tutorials I've come across that was verbally well thought out and easy to understand, even if I had to pause/play numerous times throughout the video ;) I'd like to see where to find the introduction to maschine video is in the future if the streaming can be resolved.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 9:12am
sorry about this issue it has been mentioned before ( recently ) its another new server... so some teething problems

I have brought your issue to his attention and im sure he will be in touch with you

peace
Dave
jagaloon View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagaloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 7:22pm
Thanks so much Dave!

Side question, Rob mentions a "full maschine course"  at the end of the second video. I've been scouring over the producertech website but I can't seem to locate it. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 7:41pm
yeh it was ment to be out last month... there may be a slight delay.. getting the licence & copy rights approved

why not private message Rob and put the question to him Thumbs Up 
jagaloon View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagaloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 11:26pm
Never gave it a second thought to do that.  I'll send that question over to him. Thanks again!
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 3:35pm
sorry for the delay on this Shaun. Only just back from being on the road! We're going to make a change with the server routing for the Maschine course, which should fix your problem..... the change will update the player to the latest and greatest, which has a wider compatibility.

As for the full beginners Maschine course, that should be out over the next day or two. I was a little held up with the Jamiroquai Remix Project tutorials that I was involved in last week.

Cheers,

r
jagaloon View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagaloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 4:37pm
Hi Rob,

I'm not sure if you have changed/updated the Maschine course but I've been trying today 7am est GMT after giving it a few days, but the player looks the same and the same glitchy playback is occurring. Hope it can get resolved soon. Thanks.
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2013 at 10:52am
Hey Shaun,

I'll get this switched to the new player today.... let me know how it is by the end of the day....

Cheers,

r
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic