Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Cubase Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Could not find the manual !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plopooer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Could not find the manual !
    Posted: 09 Feb 2013 at 11:35am
I upgraded from Cubase SX3 to 5. Since then I also get the "Could not find the manual !" error message for all
manuals, and nothing else is working in the Help menu except for "About Cubase".

It's only a minor annoyance I know but I'm determined to fix it myself if possible.

I've tried the following fixes, from reading forum posts and some of my own ideas:

1. Downloaded fresh documents to replace the installed ones:
ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Cubase_5/5.0.0.82/docs_english.zip
C:\Program Files (x86)\Audio\Cubase\Documentation

2. Renamed Cubase preferences folder to force creation of new preference files:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 5
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 5.BAK

3. Changed Cubase File Preferences language setting from English to German and back to English.
File - Preferences - General

4. Examined the Cubase.exe file using a program editor to check for the xml file and error message:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Audio\Cubase\Cubase5.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Audio\Cubase\Documentation\helpdocuments.xml

5. Added a test document entry to the helpdocuments.xml file:
<doc file="TEST.pdf" title="TEST">
It's listed in the Cubase Help menu, which proves that Cubase is reading the xml file, but then causes the same
error as the manuals anyway.

6. Examined the Windows registry for Cubase, Help and Documents paths to see if they were different to the installation.

I've started looking at Adobe Reader as a possible problem area - else I'm out of ideas for now...

Why isn't this problem listed in the Steinberg Knowledgebase? - I did have a quick look.
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new.html

Any more ideas for me to try?
Thanks.
Confused

Montgomery View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Montgomery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 7:00am
When you buy a product from an online retailer, be sure that you check the merchant's return policy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic