Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > General Producer and DJ Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beginners setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beginners setup
    Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 1:51pm
Hey

want to start having ago at producing, but need to know what i need to get started.

Can anyone tell me what i will need to get going... e.g. software, sound card

Cheers
music55 View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 2:39pm
What kind of equipment will you be using?  Or are you still trying to get everything together and unsure of what equipment?  I don't have much experience with producing.  I am still a novice and like to mess around with my computer, so I can't comment on the best equipment.
Music to me is like water to someone walking through the desert, needed and appreciated.However, I cannot appreciate it without my bcm software
ChilliBear View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChilliBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 8:34pm
Of course Ableton Live 8 suite :

next - Midi interface - keyboard and a controller ... I use the M-audio Ozone and the AKAI apc40 but anything  will do to start you off. The M-Audio Ozone is about £130 for midi keyboard - audio interface and a number of control knobs..... bearing in mind that sound cards are an important factor in computer music production. I also have  a Audio Kontrol1 soundcard audio interface to point u in the right direction.

Than only left is what Brain? - Windows, PC, Laptop or a Mac Laptop or imac or Pro?

oh and a GOOD mic. there are many on the market - a quick internet search is all u need to get a good mic.

Hope that helps a little.

cheers

ChilBearClap

DUBTurbo View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBTurbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2011 at 3:10am
I'm a newbie here as well  and in this kind of thing. Thanks for giving us an idea especially the Midi interface. I'd like to use M-audio too. Starting now with my laptop next weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic