Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > General Producer and DJ Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie Advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkiedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie Advice
    Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 8:27pm
Hi, I've tried a few different software packages for music production but a bit confused about ones i should go for when starting out!!? Cubase? Ableton? Logic etc? Do they all pretty much offer the same solution?

Any advice would be greatly received.

Cheers....
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 2:50pm
Hey!

Well of course I'm going to say Live as that's what we teach on this site! However, it's also the main DAW I use, and I'm familiar with them all. It's the best in terms of helping your creativity and workflow, as well as usability and capacity for original ideas. The others have their benefits too - Logic is another really popular one - but Live is still my personal favourite.

Hope to see you on the course.....

Rob
Sparkiedog View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparkiedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 8:42pm
Nice one Rob, will definitely check it out. The course looks great btw...
djwreckrd View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djwreckrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2009 at 4:19am
I have used Logic, Protools, and on PC used Audition and by far my favorite is Ableton, the versatility that is has to be very creative, sample easily and overall user friendly, I vote Ableton
Preston Foreman
DJ Wreckrd
www.djwreckrd.com
twitter.com/djwreckrd
KelvinK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelvinK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 12:04am
Hey Sparkiedog, I have become familiar with Logic and am most comfortable with it now, but Ableton looks really good, which is why I am taking this course. Also it doesn't have to be an either/or because you can rewire Ableton with most other popular DAWs.
Dakota11 View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 9:01am
Hey finding for a good place to finance then go for this free domain registration [color=blue">free domain registration[/color"> Check out the details, u would obviously be convinced and happy, Stay safe, Cheers
maybenasty View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maybenasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 7:55pm

I've spent a fair bit of time on Logic and now Ableton, and I'd pick Ableton over Logic any day.  I feel like its much easier to be creative when you're doing production work, easier to learn, and when it comes to playing live shows, the two don't even compare. 
oktave View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oktave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:54pm
I use Reason primarily, and I just started getting into Ableton. They both have their ups and downs for me. I would just suggest to download some demo version and have a play with them, and see which one seems easier for you to use. after thats what really matters, is how comfortable you are using a DAW.
good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic