Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum > Live-Courses.com Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ableton Suite if have Logic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andykillpack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ableton Suite if have Logic
    Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 10:12pm
Hi 

Sorry. Another quick question.

I have just bought Logic, as I got a really good deal on it. 

My question is this - do I need the Ableton Suite instruments if I have all the instruments/plugins available in Logic?

There's a fair difference in the price between standard live and suite, so if I can get away with it would rather just stick with the non Suite version.

Thanks
ANdy
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:45pm

Well, of course, you can only use Logic's instruments in Logic and Live's in Live, so having one set only has advantages within that DAW. If you want to get the most out of Live, then getting the Suite is a good idea, particularly because the instruments are so well integrated with the software, unlike Logic where they act like normal AUs. However, the Logic instruments are fantastic. I just finished two new tracks with entirely Logic instruments - they're on my soundcloud if you want to take a look... http://www.soundcloud.com/anarchy-rice

You can always learn on the Logic instruments whilst using the standard version of Live and then upgrade to the Suite later on if you want......

Cheers,

Rob

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic