Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Logic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Control surface no longer recognised

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philhooley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Control surface no longer recognised
    Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 4:16pm
Angry I have just  upgraded my Mac to Mountain Lion,  and suddenly find that Logic is not able to  link to my M-Audio Projectmix . The   M- Audio still reads that it is in Logic Mode, is still connected to the Mac.  On  start up  of Logic  i get  the message that the Control is assigned but not present. I have checked connections, and followed  the instructions  to  reset all midi drivers, but still no recognition . That is about the end of  my knowledge,so over to you guys .Help!   
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 6:04pm
alright buddy... before you got to the part of resetting the midi drivers....

my immediate thought was drivers.... have you checked the M-AUDIO WEBSITE FOR UPDATES ?

if this doesnt resolve the issue.... and no one here has an answer.... maybe an email to the m-audio support team might be an idea.....

and possibly post their response.... in case some one has the same problem

Peace Ying Yang
Philhooley View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philhooley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 4:00pm
Thanks for that. i have been in touch with M-Audio support. Apparently their drivers  aren't up to speed with the latest Mac (i.e  Mountain Lion ). Once they are, they then have to seek approval from Apple to go on line with the updates. M-Audio were unable to put any time scale on that.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, it looks like I have shot myself in the foot by updating the Mac before checking this.Embarrassed    
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 5:57pm
oh no.... !!! I guess we carnt always take everything into consideration when buying new hardware...

hope they sort it out soon so you can use your new mac...with all your controllers etc..

so whats your latest project your working on? something good i bet Smile
dr sativa View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr sativa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2013 at 5:14pm
hi ihave the very same problem with my arturia the player controller. will now check with arturia.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic