Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum > Live-Courses.com Support
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OK started but falling at 1st hurdle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasb441 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 8:41am
spot on morgan......copied the sample into another file and used in another clip and bingo !!!! shortened clip and it doubled its speed !!!!!! tops.....I presume the files that Rob used would not have caused the same issue !!!! cheers ! Clap
Keep On Smiling....You Never Know When It Might All End
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 9:50am
sweet.... glad we sorted that 1 out... you will tend to notice more there are certain loops you cannot freely play with... so as said i record the loop onto another track

just send Rob another private message... i just imagine he is very busy right now
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 10:35am
Hey Charlie,

Yeah, as Dave has been saying, the reason it doubles in speed is because I was dragging the waveform transients, not just the loop bracket, or start and end points. The arrow markers above the waveform are for setting the points where the clip stops and starts (lower arrows) or loops (upper arrows/bracket) when loop is turned on. The markers on the waveform itself (the grey downwards pointing arrows that become bolder when you move the mouse along the waveform) are transient pseudo markers, which allow you to drag the waveform around to change the timing of the audio..... All I do in the module session is to drag the end of the loop to a beat half way through the clip (the beats are shown at the very top of the waveform display), which then makes the clip play twice as fast.

It can be confusing at first, but watch it though again and you should get it! Let me know if not and I'll do another video demo for you....

I've sent you a dropbox link for the CORRECT COURSE PACK now!!

Cheers,

r
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 12:53pm
are you sorted now Chasb?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic