Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guy J Remix Comp - Win Big Prizes!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 4:53pm
tell a lie... i have Kontact... and it seems the samples are missing...

the result is what i load into kontact is this 8 missing files
tried opening in application..via windows & and dragging from desktop

so no answers im afraid

Abel Matic View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abel Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 4:59pm
yep...i have the same problem with kong...so it 's not just me...

we 'll see what Rob says
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 5:08pm
indeed...

Yeah im considering having a go...not sure yet.... if i do i dont just want the loops given...... I wld want the complete stems... rather than spend hours trying to construct the original

if these are in the pack... I will buy it....  I think for any one who is interested in having a go at this... then the only way forward is to buy the loops pack
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abel Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 5:14pm
i think the whole track has to be fliped around with much more power in it...it doesn't tell much of a story to me like this....
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 5:23pm
yeah needs something... your on the right lines mate.... this is very much my thing... Guy J is signed to John Digweed's label Bedrock... of which im a massive fan... so i have an idea where i would take it

only.... thats gonna be tricky.... cause once you strip out the drums & bass... there isnt that much to work with other than some chords and breaks
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abel Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 5:26pm
indeed....i think if some of the fx can be saved and brought back, that's how it can be recognisable...i'm a hoge fan of loco dice...think i'm going that path but a bit nastier :-)
petebeatz View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petebeatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 4:14am
Hi,
Here is my remix of "Transitions"

Also, the rest of my music : http://soundcloud.com/petebeatz

I can be reached at mozartrules@gmail.com

Peter
petebeatz View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petebeatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 4:16am
Hi,
Here is my remix of "Transitions"
Also, the rest of my music : http://soundcloud.com/petebeatz
I can be reached at mozartrules@gmail.com
Peter
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 10:44am
The remix is of the 'Transitions' track, as this is the one we've supplied in the remix pack.
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 10:50am
Re: sampler patches. No doubt the presets use some of the wav files I was asked to remove from our download pack, as we weren't allowed the lot for free - something I hadn't considered, and didn't check the Sampler Patches. I guess you'll just have to make do with the samples that are in there, e.g. some will be missing from the Sampler Patches. I made sure I left in all the ones I thought you'd find most useful for doing the remix! If the Sampler Patches won't open though, perhaps I should just remove them from the competition download, so it doesn't get confusing.

Re: the stems. They're not entire track stems, just long 8-bar or so samples of the main parts, which is easily sufficient to do the remix. You rarely get entire track stems when doing a remix, as the aim isn't typically to recreate the arrangement, but to do your own thing with the main elements...

Cheers,

r
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 32>
  Share Topic