Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Production General > General Producer and DJ Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dubstep track - Abel Matic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abel Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dubstep track - Abel Matic
    Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 4:11pm
Hi everyone...

this is a new dubstep track i am working on...would like to get some feedback, am not really shure about the last part...but anyhow, have a listnen please :-)

morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 4:46pm
hi abel.... Smile

not sure what works and doesn't for dubstep... but its definitely quirky and kept me listening all the way through...
nice intro & build....
And im not sure what you dont like about the end section !!!! It was a refreshing sound.... a nice cohesion to everything leading up to it and works well in my opinion

not sure on arrangements... but i think the end section would work well in the middle somewhere as the beginning is just plodding along then frantic at the end... or do you plan to extend the track further???

By the way what software are you working in??

PeaceYing Yang
Abel Matic View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abel Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 5:31pm
Hi Morgan,
thanks for the feedback..when i did the cartest i also thought the end is ok, just some sub is lacking.
I definatly am gonna extend some more,just t make a suiting end to it...
i use reason 6 as software :-)

cheers

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 5:53pm
the car test eh.... some crazy overtaking & flying through red lights Smile ya know it good when that happens....

Yeah I definitely think you should extend it and bring it to some sort of a conclusion.... the reason why i thought the end would sound well in the middle of what you have so far....

keep updating us with what you doing.... top work so far

ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abel Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 2:16pm
Indeed..that is the cartest! Though i try not to fly through them red lights...i still boost that shizzle to the max and check if i get goosebums ;-)

I will do my thing man, you can expect something this week...thanks for the support!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 2:18pm
sweet.... will look forward to hearing you doing your thingThumbs Up
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abel Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 4:23pm
some improvements maybe...

check it out...

peace
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 12:56pm
Hey Kris,

Liking the track! Sounding fat! Even on Mac laptop speakers, which is always a good sign!

Great arrangement too! Some really nice builds!

If you were looking to improve the mix, I would work slightly on the overall clarity. The mix sounds quite big and well processed, but lots of reverb and chorus can also lead to a washier sound. It's always difficult getting the balance right, so you still have tight, punchy sounds, whilst also creating width and depth. Do you use send effects much, or mainly inserts?

Cheers,

r
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abel Matic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 1:20pm
Hi Rob,

thanks for the insight...i took it down to 128kbps so that is probably way to low...ii use mainly insert effects so i get your point...i will start working on my upper frequencies to get the clarity goin' on..
i 'll keep u guys posted!
So no lower than 320 kbps i guess...;-)

cheers
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 2:13pm
320 is the best rate to go with, but a good mix should still sound okay at lower rates. The lower you go, the worse the top end will get though!

r
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic