Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Reason Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This place seems seedy - designed to take ur dough

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannylannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This place seems seedy - designed to take ur dough
    Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 7:20am
Yeah so I was over at Props and saw an ad about this place but I dunno...color me bad, but my instincts tell me somethiing is a bit shifty here.  This Rob Jones guy looks like a real pin-head anyway and I think I'd have a hard time concentrating looking at that goofy talking head.  Plus did you notice how many of these [insert daw name here] + "Courses.Com" they've got cooking.  Yeah, that Synth course looks like a smash hit alright.  Clap   The whole Focusrite-Novation angle seems a bit collusive to me, and besides most of these "instructors" are just ex-errand boyz who worked at these places anyway.  I think I smell nothing more than failed starving Moby-wannabee DJ faux-musicians capitalizing on all of the noobs out there who don't know a filter from an oscillator from a refrigerator.  WinkLOL   Nah - I'll stick with the MacProVideo and Groove3 guyz....they're tops!!

hugz 'n kissez  Tongue
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 7:47am
  Nah - I'll stick with the MacProVideo and Groove3 guyz....they're tops!!

yeah you stick to this..... its obviously helping you heaps........... so much so that your looking to take further courses .....sooo TELL  US  WHO YOU .....WANNABE??????  YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER RETARD....!!!!!!!!!!

WHY waste your time posting such a negative comment... when you have no idea of the recent changes in the forum..the synth courses only launched a few weeks ago......or judge the background of talented & educated musicians sharing the wealth of knowledge to someone with none who want to learn the basics..

SO WHY NOT PROVE YOUR SALT.... ENLIGHTEN US & FASCINATE US WITH YOUR DIVERSE SKILLS IN MUSIC PRODUCTION... I BEG YOU PLLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSE

dannylannon View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannylannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 8:11am
Originally posted by morganlefaye morganlefaye wrote:

Nah - I'll stick with the MacProVideo and Groove3 guyz....they're tops!!

yeah you stick to this..... its obviously helping you heaps........... so much so that your looking to take further courses .....sooo TELL  US  WHO YOU .....WANNABE??????  YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER RETARD....!!!!!!!!!!

WHY waste your time posting such a negative comment... when you have no idea of the recent changes in the forum..the synth courses only launched a few weeks ago......or judge the background of talented & educated musicians sharing the wealth of knowledge to someone with none who want to learn the basics..

SO WHY NOT PROVE YOUR SALT.... ENLIGHTEN US & FASCINATE US WITH YOUR DIVERSE SKILLS IN MUSIC PRODUCTION... I BEG YOU PLLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSE

I don't believe I was talking to you, Morgan.  You seem tense this evening.  Troubles at home? 

Actually I was over at the Props pro forum and happened to notice an ad for this place, so I decided to take a casual mere glance just to see what it was about.  Nothing more.  Personally, having used Reason for almost a decade, I require no training.  I know everything there is to know, and as a recording & performing pro session musician, I've got that 3rd eye for the "good stuff".   I will say that the MacPro courses are simply stellar though, and don't let me forget my buds over at Ask Video too.  Bunch of real genuine aces I tell ya......musicians and technicians.  You know - the REAL deal.  Cool
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 8:24am
if it was a casual mere glance ...why comment....
I got the pirate of macpro  ABLETON... and it was by no means STELLA... it was some bell end waffling for 20hour and i learned absolute JACK.... SO GLAD I DIDNT WASTE MY MONEY

so you know everything... so pleased for you.... so 1 day you decided to be a musician AND KNEW EVERYTHING...without training!!!!!!!
what a crock of sh*t...... take your over inflated 3rd eye and stick it back where it belongs...  im sure you will enjoy it

and if your so masterful... why do you still get the bus to work... YEAH YOU MADE THE BIG TIME THERE BUDDY...

HA HA jog on
dannylannon View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannylannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 8:57am
Originally posted by morganlefaye morganlefaye wrote:

if it was a casual mere glance ...why comment....
I got the pirate of macpro  ABLETON... and it was by no means STELLA... it was some bell end waffling for 20hour and i learned absolute JACK.... SO GLAD I DIDNT WASTE MY MONEY

so you know everything... so pleased for you.... so 1 day you decided to be a musician AND KNEW EVERYTHING...without training!!!!!!!
what a crock of sh*t...... take your over inflated 3rd eye and stick it back where it belongs...  im sure you will enjoy it

and if your so masterful... why do you still get the bus to work... YEAH YOU MADE THE BIG TIME THERE BUDDY...

HA HA jog on

Now Morgan, you really MUST settle down.  Too many Red Bulls no doubt, trying to perfect ur glitch-dubstep trax.  Confused

I don't think I recall saying that I've never had training on Reason, but back in the day, about all one had was the good 'ol "Sonar Power" books.  There weren't any dvd tutorials or training sites, but I must say I've seen MacProVideo tuts and they're the "Cat's Arse" so to speak!  Those guyz positively RAWK!.  No, I'm afraid I had to etch out my own self-training through hours of pro recording-mixing-mastering sessions in the lab, just like the 'Old Skool way - not like the way you dweebs,  twinks and twerps like to do it these days with spoon-feeding from these Rob Jones types with the bleached crop-tops and the oh-so-sincere "I'm informed - trust me and do what I say" methods.  Trial, error and smarts is what gets you there, dewd!  Smile
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 9:11am
stepping stones..... simply stepping stones
Im not into glichy dubstep.... but if it makes you feel better and more like a man to slate the modern day of learning & me thats fine... i understand your insecurities....

what you should do is to get therapy for the glorified delusion of self.... you and all of your 10 friends... with bus passes....

your nothing special or influential .... and if you were as good as you think you are... you would be intelligent enough to tutor other people... cause as far as your music goes.... you can only just afford a bus pass

RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 10:53am
now now boys! play nice! this forum is designed for learning not fighting!

I'm touched you've got my back though Dave, thanks.

Hello Danny - welcome to our forum! I won't go on too long, although I could trust me. I'm not quite sure as to your intentions, unless you do work for MacProVideo or Groove3, as your initial post seems to blatantly suggest. All I will say is, there's absolutely nothing seedy about what we do here!

Firstly, I'm a fully qualified musician, with a music and sound engineering degree from a highly acclaimed University (Surrey), and 5 years of pro audio training with Focusrite/Novation, where I began with marketing and then moved more and more into the support area, which is where I feel most at home - helping and teaching people.

Musically, I've been playing the piano for nearly 30 years, producing and DJing for almost 20 and professionally producing for nearly 10 now. I'd say this makes this qualified to teach. If you're still not convinced and think I'm just in it for the money, then perhaps you'd also like to know that on the side I'm writing a syllabus for a non-profit music school in Kenya, for free.

Anyway, enough about me. As Dave said, this is a place where people come to share music, learn with one another or to get personal support from one of our schools, that I've worked incredibly hard for the last 4 years to produce, so if you're not here to do one of those things, and just to try and convert people to other education centres then I would ask that you go elsewhere.

r
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic