Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Cubase Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm so frustrated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bnorris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm so frustrated
    Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 12:57am

I bought Cubase LE Elements 6 about a month ago and installed it and everything seemed fine.  Today I tried to open it and it said 'your cubase elements 6 trial license has expired.  You cannot use it anymore'. I got on their website. I read where it says, " few Steinberg products (Cubase AI, Cubase LE and WaveLab LE) have a time-limited license which is generated during the installation process, in which case you may request an Activation Code for a permanent license via our online registration system MySteinberg. I didn't remember my screen name so I tried to have them send my access data to my email.  When I enter my email address it says, "The email address you have entered does not belong to any activated user account."  But I do have a user account and when I got to create a new user account and type in the same email adress it says "
1.Email address already registered. Please choose another one."  Awesome make up your mind is my email registered or not.  I'm so mad right now, and of course you can't contact Steinberg support unless you can log onto your account first.  I'm really upset at this point. Any help would be so much appreciated.

morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 2:05am
Alright Buddy

Im not up on my facts regarding Cubase ...but i know with Ableton.... weather you initially use the trial download OR even buy the box set... you have to register all of your licences to authorise you the licence holder ownership rights.... (this prevents piracy and so on) so until you register those restrictions will still apply

There may be a common software issue  with Cube base.....and a patch of some kind may be available to you... maybe some one could help you out with this issue...if so

I have had  problems with logging on & recovering account details / general things like that with certain site .... sometimes this is down to a server glitch....

what i would suggest is....
try logging in tomorrow....
And if you still have any problems...
register a new account with a new email address to contact them that way.... send them an email explaining you cannot access the original account you registered with to purchase Cubase
AND PROVIDE ANY INVOICES AS PROVE OF PURCHASE

And I think 1 way or the other your gonna get sorted out with any of your concerns

hope this is of help to you

PeaceYing Yang

glecas View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glecas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 12:53pm
.. but If you're mail is registered... check and see if there's a: "forgot your password?"-button !? Embarrassed
... that should send your account info to your "already registered e-mail" Cool

EDIT: They call it: "Forgot Access Data"
Bnorris View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bnorris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 10:33pm
Well I tried again today, and it still did the same thing, but I did find where it says, "If you are having trouble logging in to your MySteinberg account, please use the “Forgot Access Data”.  If you still cannot, you can email us at Steinbergproductinfo(sb)yamaha.com

My email won't even recognize this as a real address.  Surely they mean Steinbergproductinfo@yamaha.com.  Right?  I sent an email to that address last night and another one today, but so far no reply.  Any advise?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 10:39pm
im not entirely sure what to say buddy..it seems you have done all you can...and all you can do is wait i guess to hear back from them
im some cases...around 24 hours
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 8:32pm
hey Bnorris....

whats the crack buddy.... after spending over an hour in the chat room with you....trying to figure this out

id like to hear if every thing is sorted out for you now

PeaceYing Yang
Bnorris View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bnorris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 8:38pm
Hey man thanks so much, I got everything working finally.  You rule thanks so much!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 8:47pm
thats great news man

glad to be of help where i can

so you gonna bear us in mind.... and post some of your music on here with your awesome Cubase-ness

you are more than welcome to join in ...in THE SUNDAY POST... up in Ableton forum
its a knowledge base just recently set up..... so you can polish your music to a better level with comments at any & every stage of a  project....
It could be as simple as designing a kick and everything after that

Bnorris View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bnorris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 6:14am
lol, well I'm a pretty good singer, but only been playin guitar for a few months, and new to the whole cubase thing also, so I tthink it's gonna be awhile before I'm making music that im proud of, but when that time comes i'll come here first thing.  :)
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 4:13pm
well you got the makings of something good.... you could be the voice to 1 of our tunesThumbs Up

the thing is.... we dont necessarily post everything we are proud of..... most of the time its just 1 idea .... and hearing other ideas to develop new ideas or use them on something else.... or simply learning a new technique

others ears are key to pick out stuff that you are very close to

anyway no pressure..... join in any time you like

PeaceYing Yang

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic