Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE SUNDAY POST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 52535455>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2014 at 12:48pm
Just had a listen - sounds great.
Not sure where you want this sound to go so it's a bit hard to give ideas. You have such a unique style I dont think my ideas would be any good.
I would would probably go into a bass line without the melody or a shortened different kind of melody. Something to mix it up. Probably a different beat to go with it. ( but thats just me)
You have a nice sound quality going. I really like the loud claps . Has a nice Reverb.
Thanks for the feedback Steve , I am still working on that track. Has taken some bits out and new ones in. I know what you mean about the intro and long parts without a driving beat.
Keep me posted on what your upto next

www.MonteProductions.com.au
Orchy View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2014 at 2:10pm
Cheers for the pointers. I can get great sounds but i have trouble making my sounds turn into complete compositions . Apparently Beethoven worked this way... so maybe one day my opus will be unveiled.
 I do think though its due mainly to the nature of my other  job.... sadly i crave more time for music. lol I had an argument with my wife over your last track so i am so glad you got what i was saying. My wife kept saying i like it and I was saying "Yeah me too"  Smile.  I am working on an album. I have two full tracks now... But it very slow going. Oh and I have to work on getting some words to some of it..... Good thing is I think I can do it now I just have to work out what i want to say....Wink Keep the music playing all....
Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 7:23am

New track I put together over the last week. Already had most of the parts sitting there gathering dust. Thought I would at least release something from it.

I tried really working on the mix and mastering, I think it might have a bit to much gain in the 10khz area.
But I think every part kind of sits in its own space. The piano I double tracked, same as the accoustic guitar.
The kick and bass were a pain as usual, managed to get the kick coming through a bit better than normal.
The bass is so bad in my studio space I had to do the mix in my headphones. They are a half decent pair of AKG's (k271 MK2)

http://soundcloud.com/parallaxerror/feel-it-coming-1

Orchy View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 11:25am
Worthy of an unearthed track mate ? Is the kick an acoustic drum ? sounds good, thought it was a bit squashed but my headphones are more likely the cause of that i want to play it now on my krk/s but the boy is asleep. Where do get singers... is that you...? Damn you beat me to that  I want  singing on a my tracks . I'll have to move to a city or scalp singers from churches. BTW I wish I could play the trumpet bits.....live. maybe i should play again. Great track!!!  

Was alone with abelton
 for a few hours and came up with this. hope you like it. Comment appreciated. :) 

Steve

Steve Smile
Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 2:59am
Probably my favorite piece by you. Well done.
Some nice sounds happening. I like the atmospheric pads, kick drum is solid.
You could really bring out the emotion more if you stopped the kick somewhere in the middle for a 20 second break/build.
Also looking at your waveform , your track may want some compression on the master to squash some peaks and bring up the quieter sounds . Just a suggestion, I could be wrong.

Thanks for the comment btw, The vocalists that was going to sing changed her mind, so I just used a sample in that track. Wasn't my first choice... I had to transpose the sample down 2 semitones to fit the key I wrote the piano on, then change some chords etc...  My experience is vocalists can be hard to organize :) sometimes it may be easier to use a sample lol

fifacoinssds View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fifacoinssds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 8:38am
Great idea guys.TongueTongue
Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 12:22pm
should totally kick start this again!
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 2:56pm
I agree!
Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 5:10am

SUNDAY POST

Not my best work as it was a rushed assignment. Quickly MIDI mapped some bass which didn't turn out as well as expected.
Mixed through headphones and a Behringer console using a couple average outboard effects, dbx compressor and a lexicon reverb.
As it was rushed and not used to the console eq's the mix didn't really turn out how I imagined..
Anyway thats what I worked on last week, and thought I would start posting here again.
Cheers!

Oh and that's my dodgy tambourine skills haha, first time ...

http://soundcloud.com/parallaxerror/all-we-want-is-to-make-phat-beatz
Orchy View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 1:32pm
Count me in, I am busy with it again. Got some new stuff on Soundcloud for you all and Monte I am going to go have have a listen I have been busy lol moving house three times, changing jobs and getting fired from the new one. But What's an artist without some heart ache lol.
Wife and now one year old are both good. Where does the time go hey?
See what you think. BTW Merry Christmas Rob et Al..... Play my track nice and loud K!!!!

https://soundcloud.com/unnaturalfibre/slow-recovery

Smile o.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 52535455>
  Share Topic