Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE SUNDAY POST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 55>
Author
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ealinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 3:49am
Dave,

Just got a listen to your track... pretty sweet.  The first few seconds I thought you were going for a stripped down prog house sound, but then it went all psy-trance, which is cool. F genres anyway. 

It's really nice how you take a sound like this that starts as a rhythmic element and it kind of evolves into a melodic one...  Right now that transition is somewhat abrupt from one 8 bar phrase to the next(you can see it in the waveform), but it might be interesting to try to find a continuous transition from rhythmic sections to melodic ones and back again... could give a nice organic feel.  

You seem to be developing each of tracks one at a time, right?  Like last week you worked on the drums, then this week you've added in this bass element.  Is your plan to build up a small section of a track one element at a time, then to try to expand it into an entire track?  I'm curious about your process...

E
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 4:53pm
thanks Eli....
I was just demonstrating sound created using single note, sustained note, multiple notes so i get the transient with the sustain..... then turning up the amp on a second oscillator to create a bigger effect of the sound
but i like how it sound as you mention switching between them for a fresh organic feel. i will definitely use an envelope to modulate the sound to get more life out of it
TO BE HONEST IM NOT SURE WERE I AM TAKING MY MUSIC... OTHER THAN A STYLE OF MY OWN....which at the moment is a mishmash of genre.... and im not sure im at the stage of creating a NEW MOVEMENT on the dance scene.

MY PROCESS...
Yeah Eli...... I think I would like feed back on each part of the track (each component) to get better feedback on it ... to develop each part better than as a whole
thats kind of my idea on how i want to approach this thread
hearing everyone else individual parts over weeks an the overall coming together of the track...... but that is entirely optional with the style in which you work....but interesting as a talking point and easier to hear what is going on

so all i do really is make short loops ...compile 7 or so tracks together thats workable together... the start playing with each clip... extending loops changing the patterns an go mad with effects.

Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 11:52pm
Another option could be to upload the alp files..thoughts?
www.MonteProductions.com.au
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 12:44am
hey up Monte / Eli.....Romans & fellow country men..... that is something that occurred to me ....and now that you mention it.... it sounds a brilliant idea coming from you Thumbs Up

i was kindly introduced to DROP BOX..... https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTYyMTM3NDUxOQ?src=global9
which is pretty dam cool for sharing files & stuff

This way we can see exactly what is going on... settings on devices/spectrum

I THINK WE MAY NEED TO DECIDE.... WEATHER TO POST THE FILES DIRECTLY ON HERE TO THE THREAD ...OR CREATE A PASSWORDED RAR FILE ..so those who are showing a keen interest HAVE ACCESS

SO....Monte/Eli..... thoughts please
Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 8:29am
Not sure how the password rar thing works but sounds like a good idea :)
Do you upload it onto this forum as a rar file? Don't think I have ever put a password on a rar before
www.MonteProductions.com.au
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 12:12pm
YEH IM THINKING ....might be defeating the object of drop box!!!!using winrar aswell........ do you have a drop box account? if so PM email ad.... an ill try to share a file with you
Joao_Rei View Drop Down
Studio Engineer
Studio Engineer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joao_Rei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 11:03pm
Hey guys, so I am super bummed that I missed this thread... Started reading today but too much happening... I hope this is an every week thing so that I can join in this Sunday... This Sunday post thing, I think will be AWESOME!!!
Catch my Sounds on Soundcloud : www.soundcloud.com/dj-rei
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 11:12pm
Alright buddy

where have you been!!! Smile
its not been rolling for that long... but it is working well

you are more than welcome my friend.... just post a part sample or what ever stage you are at with your project
Joao_Rei View Drop Down
Studio Engineer
Studio Engineer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joao_Rei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 11:25pm
Even if they are just riffs or whatever
Catch my Sounds on Soundcloud : www.soundcloud.com/dj-rei
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 11:31pm
yeh even if its a drum kick or reverse cymbal.....

just ANY sample or at any stage kick to master

Im only gonna be posting a riff in the key of Eb..... this week end
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 55>
  Share Topic