Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Ableton Live Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE SUNDAY POST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 55>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 11:57am
thanks for the comments... the corpus is an insert rather than a send...but i hope im right in saying its not the reason my clap seems to be all over the place
it is 2 claps slightly off set from the main beat.... I am trying to achieve a kind of crunchy effect...probably better to understand with the claps in this vid Kerli
Thanks for reinforcing my thoughts on a simple delay for my hats too (wasnt sure)when i first thought about it

Eli....
i listened to your track and it seemed very familiar... then i realised i have heard the other posts that a similar on sound cloud
would like some insight to what you did to create the sounds at 45 seconds & 49 that a repeated through out

ealinger View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ealinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 7:56am
Andrew and Dave,

You asked what synths I was using... primarily I'm using Operator and Analog.  Main stab that comes in at :45 is operator with some filter modulation and an arpeggiator automated on for the first section before the bass comes in. The arp turns off after the first section and I had a reverb effect come in at that point. 

The other sound that Dave asked about is Operator with a ping-pong delay on it.  I'm eq'ing each of these pretty heavily to try to bring out a little texture in the hi-mid frequencies. 

Let me know if you guys have further questions....
Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 8:32am
well it's almost Sunday already! ( for me anyway) and I only started a song today...well technially last night but I didnt like the idea so I scrapped it and started another one.

How is everyone travelling?

Looking forward to hearing how tracks have developed or new tracks.

I am quietly excited about my latest track, but I don't think it will be everyone...it has a very powerful synth noise or three :)
Anyway only got about a minute recorded so far ..so if I can avoid a hangover tomorrow I will build on it.
www.MonteProductions.com.au
ealinger View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ealinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:28pm
Ha, I hear you on the hangover thing Dave, I can't do anything creative if I've had one too many the night before.

It's only Sat morning here, but I'll have a new version of my track uploaded by Sunday night. Looking forward to hearing everyone's progress...
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 6:33pm
hey you guys!!! this is what i look like the day after the night before...so tend not to bother drinking

As for the next stage of my track... had something going and fell apart on me....some how lost the sound!! Confused

so i have finally got around to checking out the Advanced course...sidechaining this afternoon which i think will be really helpful to take something really simple and shape the sound....
Im glad to watch this vid for only the second time.... And actually make sense of it.. After certain things were explained in great detail in a recent thread..... I BET YOU HAVE BEEN DISTRACTED THE WHOLE TIME SO FAR WITH THIS-------->>
Always there in the corner of your eye....i know i have and keep laughing...oh dear!!!

I will end on this note # It will be interesting to see what i come up with from sculpting a single note or 2.... instead of trying to create the movement of the sound with notes alone

PeaceYing Yang

Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 12:03am
Haha nice pic! and yes very distracting. That is also why I don't drink much anymore.

That's no good you lost your sound. That also happened to me once..all my files just vanished..
I think I will revisit some advanced course tutorials today also, it normally sparks some ideas and reminds me of things forgotten.
Sidechaning is a very powerful technique and create some interesting effects :)
I still hear people on the radio using it all the time...

Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 4:47am
Here is my Sunday post.. It is set to private 

It asked to me add people so they can listen to it...Do I need to do this?

anyways still needs alot of work in the arrangement. Haven't done any mastering...And I am considering changing up a few bits n pieces.. and maybe adding some ambience.. Might keep working on this for a few days or a week..it has some potential in it somewhere..
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 9:36am
yeh monte the link is broken

when you share a private link ...just copy the secret link...from the box that pops up

you can edit your last post and amend your hyperlink
Monte32 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monte32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 10:39am
Link updated, sorry didnt see the secret link.. I just realised I really need to add some panning effects to the high freq noises...I will try that this week when I get time
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012 at 12:39pm
monte... its still broken buddy Unhappy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 55>
  Share Topic