Producertech Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Music Courses & Training > Real Instruments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

piano

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: piano
    Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 7:07pm
i felt i could hardly call my self a musician... just from having the knowledge on how to use DAW software and randomly piecing what i think sounds good together

SO.................. i had my first piano lesson last week.....

a mix of emotions going in but definitely a positive step to creating music
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 7:26pm
wonderful instrument! and also the main one I play! stick with it!!!
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 7:43pm
im going to hopefully take it to the highest grade
RobinWilliams View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 12:56pm
You have shared really informative and interesting post i will like to say thanks and also request you to keep post that kind of stuff in your more posts.
thebasementwonder View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebasementwonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 3:00am
I would like to learn piano so i can add more synths to my production i am learning. Which is a good course to take on the site

Adictum Piano & Synths or Learning Piano with Pete Sears

Orchy View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 4:48am
Nice one Dave !!!
Are you doing a course with a sit down teacher or more self directed? I guess its the same feelings with a lot of what I call permanent hobbies. I mean it is a good point but take heart mate, go ahead call your self an artist /musician. I did a course on creativity (I write and draw also) but in the course the author said  "Acknowledge that you are an Artist, see yourself as an instrument of creativity". That said I have been feeling like doing more Piano also. I was taught in a private school and my teacher did horrible things as punishment for being a slow learner its a wonder I even find myself playing keyboard. After piano my musical background was in trumpet/ cornet in the town band. But now I am playing Ukelele, Ocarina and Bongos. Won a few prizes for singing too. So I think it all adds up. but my definition of a musician is simply someone who creates music. All the rest is just direction, style, tempo velocity and rhythm . But who doesn't love the piano man (ha ha) Have fun.... that's the key.... LOL
RobJones View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 1:01pm
@ thebasementwonder I think the Addictum course is probably best for you as it's aimed not just for piano playing in bands but also working with synths for producing and so on.... it's god some good reviews too.

I suggest checking out the free sample lessons though and making your own mind up...
morganlefaye View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganlefaye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 5:50pm
like the Quote Orchy..... i posted this nearly a year ago... just before music courses.com launched.... its handy to know my way around the piano a little bit....

helps to stick to good old principles then bend them slightly but makes harmonising instrument so mush easier
jamallax89 View Drop Down
Tea Boy
Tea Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamallax89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:02am
Thanks for informative post its really nice and interesting 
nilo the noodles dia View Drop Down
ProducerTech Student
ProducerTech Student

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nilo the noodles dia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 10:01pm
always been a riff crafter growing up, the education works wonders for properly improvising and scoring
Work Hard, Play Easy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic